Can you lose weight if you don't eat completely healthy?

I keep seeing different opinions from different people saying that if you don't eat 100% healthy you won't lose weight, or you can still lose weight no matter what you eat as long as there's a calorie deficiency... So which is it? Can I lose weight if I'm eating mostly healthy but with little indulgences each day? Or do I need to try and cut out anything remotely unhealthy if I want to see results?

Thanks.

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    You will lose weight from a calorie deficit no matter what. Calories in < calories out = weight loss. Calories in > calories out = weight gain. Period. But you will find that having a healthy balanced diet will help you feel better than loading up your day on fast food and take out.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    It still hasnt been defined to me exactly what healthy is, but a person could lose weight eating nothing but potato chips and diet pepsi. (That was my Mom's diet for years) It doesnt provide your body with many nutrient dense foods that you need to function. Try not to read too much what people say on these posts every one has their damn opinion. Take it with a grain of salt if you ever see a diet with the words ALWAYS or NEVER, unless you have a medical condition, run the other way! Eat more veggies and whole grains and you'll be golden.

The great thing about being a human is we can eat pretty much anything. Enjoy your indulgences.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    I haven't been eating totally healthy and still losing weight. I'm still working on the lifestyle change, though my diet now compared to before is SOOO much better.

Like synthialou said, as long as the calories in are less than calories out then you will lose weight. However, I have noticed when I eat healthier I feel better, and not totally bloated.
  • smather0315
    smather0315 Posts: 14 Member
    I think you have to have indulgences or it is a diet not a lifestyle change. For me, it is about portion size not removing the food completely. I have been losing.