Addicted to peanut butter!

Options

Replies

• Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    I love the nutrition peanut butter products from Planters! I have a lot of days where I need an extra boost just to get me even near my calorie goals, so that's one of my go-tos.
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    I love PB....Eat it about every day with apples, waffles, bananas, wheat tost, anything that its good with and healthy lol.
  • rininger85
    Options
    contrary to popular beliefs, peanut butter is NOT bad for you... it does have a lot of fat in it, but its good fat for the most part, which MFP tracks wrong... MFP says not to get any mono or polyunsaturated fats, but really they are good for you, on the contrary MFP puts a goal for how much saturated fat you should eat in a day when your goal should really be ZERO... stick to the mono and polyunsaturated fats and you're fine.

I normally eat two slices of peanut butter toast for breakfast every day for breakfast, but the last couple of weeks I've been adding turkey bacon and cheerios in on a rotation (because I am running low on JIF and need to make it last until pay day when I decide to go grocery shopping!) and I'm starting to rotate my breakfast better depending on what I'm going to eat the rest of the day instead of letting what I eat for breakfast determine the rest of the day (my peanut butter toast = almost 500 calories, vs. turkey bacon or cheerios around 150-160 calories...)
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Thanks..I was confused on the Mono and Poly as I thought you needed those to up your Good LDL readings.

I am a peanut butter lover too...but recently switched to almond butter....cause almonds are supposed to be even better.
  • Painterdee
    Painterdee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    PB is definitely a weakness of mine. Usually a moderate amount is NOT enough! Lol...so my solution....don't have it around. Or if it is, I just don't have it....cause ill have to have more and more. I have wondered if it is actually related to a possible intolerance. Some say that when you have an intolerance to something, your body craves for it. Hmmmm???? something to think about!
  • halffullpgh
    halffullpgh Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a jar of peanut butter with me at all times. You know, in case of emergencies :wink:

I like the way you think, sir.
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've often said a PB sandwich could be my last meal, and I'd be happy. :happy:

A lot of people are fans of PB2. I've tried it and ended up mixing more powder with water to make it thick, so I was still eating the same amount of calories. I prefer just plain PB--no salt, added oils, and sugars.

Naturally More makes a good PB. It has added flax seed and is a little less calories and fat.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Hello Im Sonia and I'm a Peanut Butter addict.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i ate a whole jar of crunchy jif in one sitting once. and i dont regret it one bit
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    my name is Debbie and I am an addict (to PB anyway)!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yep almost everyday! Sometimes a big spoonful does the trick :)
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I eat organic peanut butter, it definitely tastes better :-) BUt I am also in love with PB. Every breakfast and snacks it is part of every day!
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. I am also adicted to PB. I eat it staighto ut of the jar. So bad for me I know, but I can't help it.

Sometimes I mix it with Nuttella. I just stick my spoon in the Nutella first (it's a bit thicker than my peanut butter) and then dip it in the peanut butter after..mmmmmm..

that sounds amazing. adding to my grocery list
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yup, Kirkland's Natural PB. Seems when I got away from Jif and the corn syrup, I stopped craving it.

Back in the mid-60's they sold PB with bacon bits. I should have realized THEN that this girl had a problem, lol.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I went through a stint where I didn't eat it for 6 months. Then took a quick taste when I was cleaning up after the kids and my face was all up in that jar in less then 2 seconds. Best way for me to describe is, PB is my crack. I am finally too the point that I inhale only small amounts each day.
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Join the club, girl. I usually have at least a serving every day - in oatmeal, on apples, on toast with banana slices, on a spoon, etc.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter! My favorite thing to do is spread it on a banana. I have one almost every day.
  • poolman49
    poolman49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No bread just A tablespoon full a day, love it
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    To make my peanut butter last longer I melt a tablespoon and put it on air popped popcorn, and either shake it up or stir really well unil all the popcorn is coated. I loves me some PB!
  • appease
    appease Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Okay, there is a huge response regarding the love of peanut butter. I discovered this peanut butter powder that has 85% fewer calories than peanut butter, it is called PB2. I actually use it in my smoothies and it is very tasty. Check it out http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=pb2