Thyroid issues? Please friend request

Options
13»

Replies

• Griffda
    Options
    Add me please! I have been dealing with Graves Dis for the last 5 years. What a roller coaster. Just within the last 6 months my blood levels have FINALLY returned to semi normal and I'm feeling better. I'd love to hear from anyone who has to deal with thyriod systems.
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    Hi there! I was diagnosed a few months ago with Hypothyroidism. Ever since I've been put on medication my whole body/mood have done a complete 180. It's given me more energy, I don't have any more mood swings (I'd get upset/angry at the drop of a hat!), and I think it's really help with my weight loss. Send me a friend request if you'd like and good luck to you! :happy:
  • Griffda
    Options
    :embarassed: I don't know how to add friends....lol
  • fatnomore201220132014
    Options
    Hey,
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at around 16-17. I am 23 now and have been taking levothyroxine since diagnosed. My levels are currently normal but I do have some days when I struggle with feeling fatigued and depressed but exercise has helped me tremendously.

Anyone is welcome to add me! :)
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yes, under active. I had thyroid tumor and only have 1 lobe now. A struggle for weight loss. Also have lupus and I suffer with fatigue most of the time. I have never been a big eater. You need to find ways to boost your metabolism and its tough and slow going.. add me :)
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've been both Hyper and Hypo and been through a roller coaster with meds. I have not taken meds for over a year and I'm testing out nicely as I do believe diet can play an important factor in regulating your hormones. Talk to your doctor and find out what will work best for you!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed about a month ago, but my doctor believes I’ve had this for years. I was always sick, gain weight for no reason, depressed and everything. My whole life I had something wrong and I finally found out what it was. I need friends in this, I have a long journey discovering this disease and losing weight.
    =)
  • vivianahm
    vivianahm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I've been on thyroid hormone replacement therapy sine I was 10 years old (I am now 35) because of Hashimoto's disease.
    When I was 27 years old I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and I underwent surgery to have my thyroid completely removed (and then iodine radiation just in case they had missed any cells).
    I am as hypothyroid as you can get, and for years I used it as an excuse not to lose weight. I told myself and others I just couldn't lose weight without a thyroid gland.
    Well, I proved myself wrong.
    Feel free to add me!
  • teamturbo39
    Options
    I'm new here too...I am 44 and was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis when I was 28. I am on levothyroxine and cytomel. I've struggled with losing weight, tiredness and you name it, classic case. I finally went to an Endo in December, he put me on the cytomel to balance out my T3 and T4, since then, with just watching what I eat, I've lost 10 lbs! I've plateaued a bit already though and need to increase my exercise but I see a light at the end of the tunnel!

I've had successful weight loss in the past but the older I get the harder it gets! Looking forward to the support I've been seeing on this site... :happy: