New, my 2nd day..

Options
I'm beginning my journey..I expect obstacles,dead ends,wrong turns. But, I am prepared to overcome anything that stands in my way!

Hi, I'm Angela I am 29 yrs. old and I am 308 lbs. I recently was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, which explains alot. But, I can not blame "all" my weight on my thyroid. Bottom line is, I'm unhappy with my appearance, and I plan to do something about. I'm doing the slim fast 3,2,1 plan and exercising. I hope that I will stay true to this commitment, and that I will not give up!

CW:308
GW:240 BUT 208 WOULD BE EVEN BETTER!

Replies

• acr2angel
    acr2angel Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome aboard.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Angela!! I'm new here as well (just joined on Monday!) and have already found the site to be very helpful!! Best of luck to you on your journey!!
  • Garcialynne
    Garcialynne Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome Angela, I have been here for almost a month and it is a great place and all kinds of motivation. Good luck on your journey.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Good luck with your journey. Just know that you are not alone!
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ABAKER!

Welcome! I too just joined a couple of weeks ago. I was a bit nervous too! But DONT WORRY. Everyone here is really nice and you don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to. I'm just now feeling brave enough to get on the boards! :)

I too have been a little skeptical about this site and if my losing weight this way was going to be a fad or a lifestyle change. Then I realized I am in control of that. If I eat better (as I'm learning by this site and others) and condition my body better, I will see lasting change and not weight that will eventually return. I can do this... has become my mantra.\

I just saw an article yesterday that blew me away. I want to spread it to as many people as I can because I think it explains A LOT about why women struggle to lose weight! So, I wanted to post it here...

Blessings my friend, you're going to love this site and YOU'RE GOING TO DO GREAT!

:heart: Catrina

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing