What's your beauty standard???

Options
Okay, so lately I've noticed that when ever my BF and I watch TV all the women he calls fine are a size 2, 4 or 6. I have nothing against smaller women nor am I jealous b/c I too can appreciate a beautiful women. My issue is that some of them are just plain ugly facial wise. It's making me wonder it is really that these women are fine or is it their small size that makes them so attractive. I guess this is just a rant: I know I 'm a beautiful woman and yes I'm working on my weight for various reason but it bothers me when I hear people call Beyonce fat. I thought Beyonce looked great. It sort of makes me think that most people don't really notice real beauty as long as you have a small body its all good. Okay I'm done.

Replies

• shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    beauty comes is all shapes and sizes! But what makes women beautiful is their confidence. You have to own it-whatever size you are! And also what features you think are attractive may not be to someone else. Regardless, judging beauty on a scale is quite demeaning! We are women-we have to stick together. Beauty is as beauty does! :)
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    To be something like this:

Botticelli_Venus.jpg
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I think that there are many beautiful women out there and they are not size 2,4,6 but for some reason no matter how hard I work I never seem to be good enough for myself! There are people around my size and I say they are very pretty and yet I give myself the downer. Its the way people look at others they don't realize that they are hurting your feelings saying that those women are beautiful. They just know what they like and to each there own. If we all liked the same style body then people everywhere would be lonely because there is no such thing as one body type. We can all be beautiful to someone..
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    If Beyonce is fat.....please God let me be fat like her. She is gorgeous and fierce!
  • LPDLPD
    LPDLPD Posts: 25
    Options
    Sometimes guys have no clue that what they say hurts. They simply say what first comes to their mind and may regret it later. I know you have heard it before... true beauty is on the inside. Just remember that a person is remembered for their personality, not their weight. The next time you hear him say that about skinny girls, tell him that it hurts your feelings. Truth is... some of those girls may not even be healthy.
  • carissa317
    Options
    I too have noticed that! I have a few male friends who never really show discretion when pointing out beautiful to me. I kid you not, I was talking with one of my guy friends and he points out a lovely young lady who was standing in front of us...face turned away. He went on and on about how he wants someone like her! I was like HOLD THE PHONE! You have not seen her face, nor heard her speak, yet your "dream girl" is this slender brown haired girl standing in front of us?

It really is very frustrating, to see how shallow some people are. (and in this case men) Don't get me wrong this girl was banging, and did turn out to be beautiful, facially, but really?

There is a biological reason for why men see first a womens body and then moves onto face....but first breasts...haha:laugh:

Men look to women, subconciously, as potential mates. Subsequently, men find slender women size 2 , 4, 6 at top physical shape to carry a child. It is not neccessarily important for that child to be attractive nor it's mother. Whereas bigger women don't appear to be in optimum health to carry children, no matter how pretty their face.

Biology only plays a certain role, and as the human species evolves so do our prefrences. Anybody that calls Beyonce fat or ugly is out of their mind! They must not have seen the cover of GQ this month:happy:
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Thanks for listening & sharing. This week has been long already and hearing crap at work about Beyonce being fat then coming today already feeling frustrated just started to bother me.