What am I doing Wrong ?

Options
I have been sticking to 1200 cals a day, and exercising 5 days a week burning approx 400 cals a day so sometimes i will eat more to include my exercise (ie 1200 +400 burnt) but sometimes I just can't.

I have great Mojo at the moment and I'm not feeling hungry in any way and I don't want to eat for the hell of eating cause that is why I am fat !, My body is changing shape (CM) but I am stalled with my weight , I am 90kgs at the moment and have a long way to go ! Any advise ?

:ohwell:

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Likely you need to eat more. 1200 is not enough sustained nutrition for most children.

I suggest your calculate your BMR and TDEE - search the forums for In Place of a Roadmap (the revised one).
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    We're gonna need some stats.

Height
    Weight
  • kgibson17
    Options
    I am in a funk myself today but have been seeing results. Its just that I have to be so darn committed to exercise and eating right all the time. I am responding to say stay the course. Don't give up and the results WILL COME! you've got this.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    When did you start? Last week? Waiting sucks.... but itll happen
    I have been sticking to 1200 cals a day, and exercising 5 days a week burning approx 400 cals a day so sometimes i will eat more to include my exercise (ie 1200 +400 burnt) but sometimes I just can't.

I have great Mojo at the moment and I'm not feeling hungry in any way and I don't want to eat for the hell of eating cause that is why I am fat !, My body is changing shape (CM) but I am stalled with my weight , I am 90kgs at the moment and have a long way to go ! Any advise ?

:ohwell:
  • jennibez
    jennibez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacey. It sounds like you have reached a plateau, this is the body getting used to a routine and yes it is the most frustrating thing in the world. If you have been sticking to a certain exercise and eating program you could benefit from changing this. I change mine every 3 weeks or so but every 4 weeks is fine, this keeps the body surprised, it shocks the body. On the other hand if you are training so hard and see a change in body shape (congrats by the way) you could be burning fat and picking up muscle mass thus no big change in actual weight.
  • lilmisspill
    Options
    starvinkevin, I would say don't focus on the weight so much, if your body is changing shape that's a good thing and you're heading in the right direction. You are probably also replacing fat with muscle at the moment too, so weight stays the same, but your shape is shrinking.
  • staceyhindmarsh
    Options
    Envy 09

I'm 41
    5'3
    90 kgs

Overall Fat:frown:
  • staceyhindmarsh
    Options
    Thanks for your Encouragement :wink:
  • DOit207
    Options
    Sometimes a tape measure is better than the scale. Don't forget....muscle weighs more than fat! :)
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a tape measure is better than the scale. Don't forget....muscle weighs more than fat! :)

sorry but a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat.. it is just a myth that muscle weighs more than fat.. Muscle is more denser than fat is all..
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options

sorry but a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat.. it is just a myth that muscle weighs more than fat.. Muscle is more denser than fat is all..

Ah, but he didn't say a pound of muscle weight more than a pound of fat. :D
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I agree you may need to eat more. I'm 5'3 and work out most days and eat at least 1650+.
    Consistency is also key, it's taken me AGES to lose weight but I didn't put it on overnight so slow and steady wins the race for me :)
    Good luck
  • sarahmarc
    sarahmarc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Muscles weigh the same as fat however muscles take up less room making us look smaller.... Lets not get confused!

Work out your bmr and your tdee and do some research. I'd say your body is starving and you need to eat more. Don't forgot its all about healthy, clean foods that make us healthy:) Good luck!
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Ah, but he didn't say a pound of muscle weight more than a pound of fat. :D

DO NOT START! lol.
    Anyway, there's no way you can gain muscle before 6-8 weeks. That's physiology.

To OP:
    Simply be patient and kind to yourself. You didn't get overweight over night so we need to be patient with our bodies. Personly I eat much more, and if you are sticking to 1200 net do be sure to eat back your exercise calores to fuel your next work out. Most people eventually up their kcals as long term 1200 is unrealistic and can lead to negative changes in metbolism. But overall, keep your chin up and you'll find your way :flowerforyou:
  • Amazigh926
    Amazigh926 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    From my experience, don't expect your body to do what you want, when you want; it changes in so many ways, not only in weight measured by a scale. My weight NEVER just slowly drops off, it goes in spurts-- like: three to six weeks with no loss, then one week with 6 to 8 lbs. lost. It's kind of like every stage is a plateau where I feel frustrated, depressed, and anxious wondering where I went wrong. It took me a while to figure out that this is just how my body does things. My body does what I call "hover and dump" (hover for weeks, then quickly dump weight). I think it has to do with my lifetime of wacky dieting and my body just doesn't know what to do so it goes back and forth all the time, or maybe this is just how my body does things, naturally, I just don't know. All I do know is that it doesn't pay to get anxious and fall off the wagon, it'll eventually dump the weight but I just have to keep pushing and keep on track. So, that said, I don't think you are doing anything wrong, just keep pushing and it will happen. It never happens as quickly as we would like. Never. But it will happen. :)
  • TessieDue
    Options

AKA, the muscle takes up less room than the fat does. So if you size is shrinking, I wouldn't worry so much about the number on the scale. For me, the weight changes only every two to three weeks even though I see the difference in my body on a regular basis. If you are sticking to a healthy eating plan and getting the exercise you need, the numbers will drop soon enough. It does help to mix things up though, just in case you have hit a plateau - in diet and in activity.

Good luck to you!
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure you are consuming enough calories! I think 1200 is the bare minimum. You don't want your body to think you are starving it because it will store fat. Also you have to eat to lose weight, sounds cliche' but very true. I actually try to eat before I start feeling hunger pangs so that way I won't allow my hunger to control what I eat!!!!!!! Good Luck:) You can do It!!!!!!!