For those who love Subway

Options

Replies

• AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    sandwich artist :laugh:

At my Subway they all wear Tommy Cooper Fezes and say "Just Like That". I guess they must be of the Impressionist variety
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Next time, can you scoop out all the HFCS and remove the GMO's from your meats and veggies?
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I love this! Great idea. :) Thanks!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I really only like the italian herb and cheese bread
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this kristina and just ignore the jerks im very happy u did this as i love subway
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    This is a great idea! Our local NBC station has a Biggest Loser for folks in my community and one of them suggested that. I would have never thought of it. Blessings! :smile:
  • InnerPinup79
    InnerPinup79 Posts: 129
    Options
    Wow...were all the a-hole comments really necessary?

To the OP thanks for the tip and for putting it into the database! Please ignore the ignorance. It's so easy to be a thug and a jerk on the interntetzz. Some people really get off on it as it is the only way they find acceptance.
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I never would've thought of that idea... it's a good one!!!

and yes.. as already stated.. ignore the people that feel it's necessary to respond with 'jerkish' comments... is it that hard to say nothing if you don't appreciate the post?
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    sandwich artist :laugh:

At my Subway they all wear Tommy Cooper Fezes and say "Just Like That". I guess they must be of the Impressionist variety

:laugh:
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    the veggies are GMO?
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Interesting I never even thought about doing that. Great job OP!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Op thank you, I LOVE it when I get a great sandwich artist. FYI, subway is the most popular place to eat near my office withint walking distance. I had been avoiding it for a while because of that dog killer incident, which I am sure you had nothing to do with, not that I am over it. some days it is the only option.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    Op thank you, I LOVE it when I get a great sandwich artist. FYI, subway is the most popular place to eat near my office withint walking distance. I had been avoiding it for a while because of that dog killer incident, which I am sure you had nothing to do with, not that I am over it. some days it is the only option.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    great. now i forsee getting weird looks from the sandwich artists. XD
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Im having subway today and this is a great tip!!! thank you!
  • nelsonab
    nelsonab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow! Excellent idea! Thanks for the tip! Now if I can just figure out how to determine how much light mayo they're using when I tell them "go easy on the mayo..."

I have a tip for the light mayo. I no longer let them put my mayo on the sandwich, just too much room for error on the fat/calories. They have the light mayo in packets, as well as the mustard, olive oil, and vinegar. Just ask for a packet. It has the nutritional data on the packet as well. In reality I figured out I can get by with half a packet, which is significantly less than what they put on there.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    For those who love subway, I have added to the food database the nutritional information for a 6inch wheat bread that has had the filling removed. I work at subway and was able to weigh the bread both before and after removing the filling- then did the math and took off for the removed bread. If you want this done, all you have to do is ask the sandwich artist- say something along the lines of 'remove some of the middle, scoop out some of the bread, remove the filling' and they should know what you mean. Its a great way to get your subway fix without going overboard on carbs, sodium or anything else that would prevent you from getting the great subway goodness. Hope you enjoy :laugh:

How would you calculate a 6 inch club all veggies no cheese with the hollowed out bread? Or rather how much is the full bread so I can subtract. Thanks!
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    double-meat-double-cheese so that my protein to carb ratio is higher

Oh what a good idea, double up on stuff to make it healthier, wish Id thought of that before, its obviously where Ive been going wrong all these years....

*laugh* I think you're being sarcastic, which is fine. But I've had a form of weight loss surgery that requires me to eat about twice the amount of protein as the average person, and fat is not an issue for me as I do not absorb it. So for me, this *is* healthier.
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    In reality a full 6 inch weighs 84 grams and a hollowed out weighs 58 grams. If you care do the math for yourself you can, over time, I will personally add into the database all the 6 grams of fat sandwiches with lettuce tomato cucumber green pepper and onion (the non sodium veggies) no cheese of course, with the hollowed out bread, I am just very busy (55+ hour work week). Keep checking its likely to get there soon, as I eat there almost everyday.

Useful pieces of info- the normal amount of sauce listed on the subway website as a serving is 3 passes on a 6 inch. The best way to ask for light sauce is to say "one thin line of...". AVOID the shredded cheese- there is NO portion control, its always over so its best to stick to the slices. Same goes with the cheese breads, our instructions are 'sprinkle cheese on top' so it varies drastically. Any sandwich can be made into a salad- so if you REALLY want that fattening meat, skip the bread and save the calories. Roast beef and oven roasted chicken have the least amount of sodium.

Hope this helps keep subway in your diet- lots of love :)
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I know this is an older thread but i just saw this on the BL and i thought hmmmm. Thanks for the thread!