Airport workout

Options
I travel quite a lot and travel days usually mean no exercise and bad food days. Tomorrow I am going to try to change this by wearing my trainers to the airport and power walking around the terminal while waiting for my flight instead of sitting in the airline lounge and gorging on the cakes and pastries. It's not an ideal workout but every little helps right?

Replies

• helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! Just, er, don't RUN lol...
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Treat the down escalators as a stepper :-)
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Steve Monaghetti, a famous Australian marathoner, used to pack his trainers and gear and run around the airport whilst in transit!

Go you!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Trust me... I travel all the time and you DO NOT have to eat poorly just because you're in an airport, nor sit idle. Good for you with your shoe choice!

Well... I'm off to the airport!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I travel quite a lot and travel days usually mean no exercise and bad food days. Tomorrow I am going to try to change this by wearing my trainers to the airport and power walking around the terminal while waiting for my flight instead of sitting in the airline lounge and gorging on the cakes and pastries. It's not an ideal workout but every little helps right?

Sounds like an idea especially if you have heavy hand luggage - carry it with you, alternating between hands. Even better, don't book your suitcase in until the last minute, carrying that around the airport. :devil:

PS Caption for your photo:
    33922281_5283.jpg
    "Draw me like one of your french girls" :bigsmile:
  • lisaanne1704
    Options
    For me, it's about breaking the bad habits one by one....