Thunder Thighs

Options

Replies

• lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I have thunder thighs as well and havent really seen them get smaller with any workout.

However, I have learned to love them...I mean look at Kim Kardashian and Beyonce...they work those thighs.

Learn to love 'em!

....I'd recommend any type of squatting for the backside though...;)
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    high protein diet

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg

This looks absolutley DISGUSTING
  • qqemokitty
    qqemokitty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Having thick strong muscular thighs is actually one of my goals. Having big thighs is more than okay in my book, assuming they are thick from muscle. Just keep doing what you're doing and you are sure to see a composition change. Remember that as others have said, you can't spot remove fat, but improving your body overall will make the difference.

Thunder thighs don't have to be a bad thing! :)

Edit: Wow I can't believe I lurked almost a year without making a post. :P
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    As someone above already said, there is no spot reducing. But weight loss will reduce your leg size along with your other parts. So keep at your goal. You will get there!

I have big calves and thighs -- and I have come to love them for their shape and muscularity. These legs ground me!

The older you get, the more you appreciate your body for what it can DO. And these legs can do a lot -- run, jump, spin, lift, dance.

And just remember this, that muscle will be working for you even when you're at rest - keeping your metabolism hopping.
  • jaybird90
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have lost around 30 pounds and my thighs are still the same - possibly bigger.. but much stronger and more toned so can't complain :-)

I do sometimes wonder though if all of my spinning / cross trainer / running is making them even bigger? Anyone have any info on this?
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    high protein diet

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg

and your problem is...bored much?!

OP i have the same problem :(
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I sure love the saying "Thunder Thighs" -- nothing like a derogatory term for large thighs to make people feel horrible about themselves!
  • danimal5867
    Options
    Just run baby! I've had big thighs all my life. I needed them to support my 260+ for years. Now through running 100 miles per month, what were fat thighs are now well defined.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    and somehwere out there some girl is wishing she had more muscular thighs.

Learn to love yourself and be the best you that you can be.

http://youtu.be/iwHum9w-52c
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as you. i am sure their are work outs we can do to be rid of them.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I will never have tiny thighs, I have never had tiny thighs I have always been athletic I like my legs when they are not flabby and gross. I wish people would stop with the derogatory remarks when talking about their body.
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate, and I have serious thigh envy of this girl...her thighs are not small but so shapely and toned!
    6a00e5519846ea88340120a5f5a40b970b-800wi
  • Berlygirl10
    Options
    I can totally relate, and I have serious thigh envy of this girl...her thighs are not small but so shapely and toned!
    6a00e5519846ea88340120a5f5a40b970b-800wi

Dream :) I am not big fan of my thighs.. but they are there and I have to deal with them
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    thunder thighs are one of my stated goals
  • Charz612
    Charz612 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What does QFT mean?

And yes thunder thighs here as well!

QFT = Quoted for Truth

Hahaha, I thought it was Quit ****ing Trying. LOL
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I can look back all the way to being about 9 or 10 and being at swimming lessons in my bathing suit and thinking I had big thighs. Yes, I'm 41 now and still don't like them...but I'm getting better.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i huge muscular thighs you just gotta learn to love em. Mine only improved when i started doing lower weight exercise
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    and somehwere out there some girl is wishing she had more muscular thighs.

Learn to love yourself and be the best you that you can be.

http://youtu.be/iwHum9w-52c

Amen!
  • runner4546
    runner4546 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have thick thighs too- Pilates, barre method and Tracy Anderson videos have all helped to give me that longer, leaner look. I've lost almost 2 inches off each thigh since 1/1 by dropping 9 lbs and these exercises. (Tracy says to do dance cardio not repetitive cardio like running and spinning if u have big thighs. Kind if makes sense.)
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    I wanna know how this pilates stuff makes your legs longer? That's just amazing that the bone can grow and stretch to make them longer?? I've always hated being 5'4 and 3/4" - think pilates will help me become 5'6" so I can wear regular length jeans and not have them puddle at the bottom??? (notsrs)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!