KettleWorx

Replies

• SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Cool :)
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    I have done at least three 6 week rounds - one at 5 lbs., one at 7 lbs. and one at 10 lbs. I was also doing Zumba as my cardio, but it wasn't until I started adding the KW that people would notice. Three weeks in and I heard, "HOW much WEIGHT have you LOST?"

I was never sore with KW, but I started with a low weight and gradually added. I also modified a lot in the beginning because I had knee and back issues. Make sure you are warming up and stretching well.

I started TurboFire last summer and lost some of my toning. Now I'm doing a TF/KW hybrid (using an 8 lb free weight, I'm working back up to 10 lbs.) and guess what I'm hearing again? Yup, you guessed it!

Congrats on starting KW, I love it and hope you do, too! :smile:
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    After allowing my bells to serve rather effectively as a doorstop for the last several months, vie pulled them out again to start working out I appreciate the math formula as well, since I was wondering how to score these workouts as well
  • Does that equation take into account the fact that kettleworx is working so many muscle groups at once? Or is it for a more normal kettlebell routine? Do you know?
  • I've just started week 4 of kettleworx (week 7 of kettlebells) and my weight loss has stalled, I had 2 weeks weigh in where i've stayed the same and this week i've gained 1.5lb! I have lost 7 inches which is fab but I hate not seeing the scales decrease :(
    Any tips/Advice?
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    I am wanting to start my Kettle Worx training this week. But I have a question "how do you log the workout on the exercise diary?"
  • Remember that muscle weighs more than fat! I would keep an eye on the measurements and how you feel more closely than what the scale says. :)
  • LindaGTaylor
    Remember that muscle weighs more than fat! I would keep an eye on the measurements and how you feel more closely than what the scale says. :)

I will keep that in mind... I am trying to figure out how to add my workout on my fitness log...
  • Remember that muscle weighs more than fat! I would keep an eye on the measurements and how you feel more closely than what the scale says. :)

I have to butt in here to say that Muscle and Fat weigh exactly the same but their mass/size is different, you are quite right about measurements though.
    I have a big problem with scales, but I measure once a week. Bust/Underbust, waist, hips, bottom, thighs, arms. I had lost 11 inches in 6 weeks with round 1 but lost only 3 lbs! It is very disheartening but the more I hear about other users, time and patience is the key.

Keep swinging ladies :-)
  • LindaGTaylor
    Congrats on the inch lost... My goal is more a inch loss, eat better, and lastly workout stability.
    I am not picky about what the scale says, no I do not like it but I know that if I achieve my goals
    then the scale will say nicer things to me. :)
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    bump for math
  • sonneta
    sonneta Posts: 4 Member
    A lot of people ask what calories do I burn when doing Kettle Bell exercises where here is a a good link to help

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=306
  • sonneta
    sonneta Posts: 4 Member
    A lot of people ask what calories do I burn when doing Kettle Bell exercises where here is a a good link to help

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=306
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Kettleworx is not an actual kettlebell training program as most of the moves done are not kettlebell specific moves. It is more or less a program that adapts conventional aerobics with light weights to kettlebell training and is not as effective as actual kettlebell training (which is traditionally much more dynamic in nature as well as has you using a MUCH higher weight)
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    bump for maths laters x
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Remember that muscle weighs more than fat! I would keep an eye on the measurements and how you feel more closely than what the scale says. :)

A pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as a pound of fat. The pound of muscle is denser. The pound of fat is larger because it has more volume.

A 12 oz. bag of Puffed Cheetos will be larger than a 12 oz. bag of crunchy Cheetos.
  • neffew
    neffew Posts: 1 Member
    I know it's old but i'm just reading... Great information!!
  • lucy901123
    lucy901123 Posts: 4 Member
    that equation helps a lot thank you :)
  • LittleOnE78
    LittleOnE78 Posts: 6 Member
    I just started doing a KettleBell X workout at my local gym. Today was my first day I completed it!! So proud of myself and what a workout!! I am hoping I can stick with it. My biggest problem is what I eat. I enjoy working out but ruin it when its time to eat.
  • all4rescue
    all4rescue Posts: 71 Member
    I am thinking of purchasing the kettleworx. I will also have to buy a kettleball. Any suggestions on what weight I should should buy? I have been doing some lifting with hand weights usually 5 lbs. Is that where I should start with the kettleball?