Motivation at zero

Options
Hey friends.

I am a recovering bulimic and had a bulimic "episode," on Friday. I've kind of fallen off the wagon diet wise this weekend after visiting a friend. We ate fast food a few times, usually just ate one meal a day, and walked for hours (shopping etc). Not to mention a lack of sleep to boot.

I want to go home and make up on sleep, but I'm feeling myself getting inactive. Any tips for something that's easy to do at home for just a little while that might help me get back in the groove?

Furthermore, if anyone has any advice for recovering from an eating disorder I'd appreciate it. I have been in recovery for a couple years now and the "bad," days are very hard on me.

Replies

• renate1958
    renate1958 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    All I can say is hang in there. Try to ask yourself, if a friend of yours was going through this, what would you tell them? Then, tell that to yourself. It always amazes me how we can be so hard on ourselves. Take it one hour at a time. If you slip, start that hour again. Keep it small. I have a tendency, haven't done it in a lot of years, of eating to the point I'm so full I throw up because I couldn't stand that feeling any more. I call it my wolf. Ravenous, out of control and wild. It's hard to reign that in.:flowerforyou:
  • explainsitall
    Options
    Thank you for your support :)
  • renate1958
    renate1958 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    There's a binge eating bulletin board that may help you.
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    Like learning to ride a bike .... you fall off, you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get right back on there!
    I don't know how many times I've fallen off, but I figure that two steps forward one step back is still moving forward.
    You can do it! I don't think I have an eating disorder (apart from carb addiction!) so can't help you there, sorry.
    As for exercising at home, workout DVD's are probably the go, or just put on your favourite music and dance like no one is watching - because no one is watching!! :laugh: And it makes you feel good.
    Good luck, you can do it!
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Yoga? It is great for the mind and body and easy to do at home. Sit and meditate and visualize your goals.
  • explainsitall
    Options
    Have you tried Yoga? It is great for the mind and body and easy to do at home. Sit and meditate and visualize your goals.

Thought about giving that a go today after my lunch break at work.

Also I'm loving your Doctor Who Adiposes on your tracker :)