That Time of the Month Cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Carbs...carbs and MORE carbs! Usually things like kettle cooked chips, and then once I have that of course I want something sweet to balance it all out..then gotta balance out that sweet with salty again...it's a vicious cycle isn't it ;)

I do the salty sweet cycle, too! GAH!
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    She hit me hard last night! I got home from work and didn't feel like going to the gym so I didn't and just sat on the couch. I finished logging and didn't have calories leftover but then the bf came over and opened a bottle of wine and I wasn't just going to let him have some alone! And then we needed popcorn for the show and then I had to have chocolate to go with the popcorn....ugh I don't regret it now, I haven't really splurged in a long time and I'll be sure to do extra good the next few days!
  • Skiing914
    Options
    Keep some of those yummy Atkins "Indulge" bars around. They are delicious, low carb/sugar. I also have Sugar Free Chocolate/Vanilla swirl Jell-O pudding cups in the fridge. There are a lot of low cal options out there that will satisfy.
  • emilyrosenich
    emilyrosenich Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Carbs...carbs and MORE carbs! Usually things like kettle cooked chips, and then once I have that of course I want something sweet to balance it all out..then gotta balance out that sweet with salty again...it's a vicious cycle isn't it ;)

I do the salty sweet cycle, too! GAH!

The salty sweet cycle is a killer that we all do ha ha!!
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Salt...Oh Goosh I love salt..Hence me eating enough calories in Chipoltle chips to blow my calorie limit for the day...
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I eat almonds or baked sweet potatoes. makes a HUGE difference for me. dunno why.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Control your cravings:
    Your Craving:
    Chocolate/Sweet & Sugary Foods

You Need:
    Magnesium (aka nuts, seeds, fruits)
    Chromium: Broccoli, grapes, cheese
    Carbon: fresh fruit
    Phosphorus: Chicken, beef, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts
    Sulphur: Cranberries, cabbage, cauliflour

Your Craving:
    Bread, toast, pasta, other carbs

You Need:
    Nitrogen: high protein foods, meat, fish, nuts, beans

Your Craving:
    Oily/Fatty Foods

You Need:
    Calcium: milk, cheese, yoghurt, green leafy veggies

Your Craving:
    Salty Foods

You Need:
    Chloride: fish, goats milk

See in have the meat, fruit, Brocolli, nuts and chicken and still crave those things! Lol. I find this week really really hard. I accept I slip up now and then and make sure I'm back on it the day after. I wish there was a magic answer to it, but I don't think there is! Lots of will power and not being too hard on yourself if you mess up. Just be happy knowing that tomorrow is a new day! X
  • emilyrosenich
    emilyrosenich Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Control your cravings:
    Your Craving:

You Need:

Your Craving:

You Need:

Your Craving:
    Oily/Fatty Foods

You Need:

Your Craving:
    Salty Foods

You Need:

See in have the meat, fruit, Brocolli, nuts and chicken and still crave those things! Lol. I find this week really really hard. I accept I slip up now and then and make sure I'm back on it the day after. I wish there was a magic answer to it, but I don't think there is! Lots of will power and not being too hard on yourself if you mess up. Just be happy knowing that tomorrow is a new day! X

Haha, very true! You have a great mindset about things and I wish you luck with your journey, i'm sure you'll achieve amazing things! x
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I almost always crave salt....So I usually make sure it fits my calories and then up my water ;) Sometimes you just have to!!! There is also a thing that shows what you can eat when you are craving certain foods/groups....I don't know how well it works, because I haven't tried....

http://www.supplementspot.com/info/health-library/details/learn-what-you-really-want

May have to copy/paste the link!

Edit: it was already posted! see post above mine ;)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Sweet and salty here too....it is sooo hard to resist and I usually don't but this time I totally did. :drinker: probably was just all in my head since that is what my body is used to. Feel great now though, I am not bloated. :smile:
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Control your cravings:
    Your Craving:

You Need:

Your Craving:

You Need:

Your Craving:
    Oily/Fatty Foods

You Need:

Your Craving:
    Salty Foods

You Need:

OOOH!!! Thanks for this info! I'd been trying to figure out WHY I get these cravings, but would never get anywhere in my search. I knew it's because my body is "requesting" certain nutrients, but wasn't sure WHAT it needed. Thanks so much!
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I always crave chocolate & I keep a big bar of Bourneville ( love dark chocolate! ) & have a few squares when i really can't control the craving!!! is it best to drink a lot of water at this time, would that help with the annoying weight gain u get?
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Bold Chex Mix.

I'll let myself have one or two individual cookies I get from Fresh Market (if I bought a whole pack I know they'd be done for), but those bags of Chex Mix still vex me. Like others said, water water water.