tag
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    bump. Sounds Delish
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    well i would never have guessed this stuff together would sound good but it does...so i'm game to try it....thanks for the recipe...
  • meche99
    meche99 Posts: 4
    Options
    This sounds really good, going to try this weekend. I love looking for new recipes and especially trying on my family. Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • meche99
    meche99 Posts: 4
    Options
    This sounds really good, going to try this weekend. I love looking for new recipes and especially trying on my family. Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • MikeEstrada
    MikeEstrada Posts: 39
    Options
    5 sweet potatoes
    1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
    4 green onions, chopped
    2 teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
    2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon salt
    12 (7 inch) corn tortillas
    1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
    1 (8 ounce) package shredded fat free cheddar cheese
    Directions
    1.Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat, and boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes. Cool and peel the sweet potatoes.
    2.Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl, and mash them with the cream cheese, green onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, until well mixed.
    3.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
    4.Heat pan and fry the tortillas with pam, one at a time, for about 30 seconds per side. Remove tortillas.
    5.Place about 1/3 cup of sweet potato filling down the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place filled tortillas seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas, and sprinkle with fat free cheddar cheese.
    6.Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the enchiladas are bubbling and the cheese is beginning to brown.

This makes a LOT of food, so the recipe could easily be cut back to meet your families needs.
  • MikeEstrada
    MikeEstrada Posts: 39
    Options
    Gonna try this tonight . Thanks !
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Tag!
    But I'm definitely not using fat free cheese (cream or otherwise).

I'll use full fat or 2% cheese instead. :smile: The nutritional benefit alone is worth a couple extra calories (not to mention taste as well as not eating a lot of nasty added ingredients). :wink:
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    what is the serving size please?
  • groovegoddess
    Options
    This sounds soooo yummy! Thank you for the idea!
  • CardioRS
    CardioRS Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! Sounds wonderful! I can't eat beef so this is a GREAT alternative!

I have used a recipe calculator to evaluate some of my recipes at: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp I am going to have to plug it in. It will let you calculate how many servings you want from each recipe.

Thank you so much for the post!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds really good...if only I could trick my husband into eating sweet potatoes...
  • vermontgirl
    vermontgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this one. Thank you. Bump.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    did you use red or green enchilada sauce?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds really good...if only I could trick my husband into eating sweet potatoes...
    Maybe try to start him out on sweet potato chips baked in the oven? I know there's a recipe floating around the recipe section. It appealed to me and I've never been a sweet potato person as the only ones I've even seen were covered in marshmellows. :laugh: Once I ate the marshmellows that was it for me, probably 40 years back at my parents Thanksgiving table.

I did take one teeny bite of but it was so sweet I didn't care for it. I'm all grown up now, time to try them again.:tongue:

I think the baked sweet potato fries (also a recipe for those) & chips have various seasonings on them so you just might be able to lure him into the world of sweet potatoes!:wink:

Becca:heart:
  • lbragg
    lbragg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • CardioRS
    CardioRS Posts: 88
    Options
    Bump! (just because I think it sounds great & I wanna try it for dinner!)
  • suemiller8028
    suemiller8028 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to start him out on sweet potato chips baked in the oven? I know there's a recipe floating around the recipe section. It appealed to me and I've never been a sweet potato person as the only ones I've even seen were covered in marshmellows. :laugh: Once I ate the marshmellows that was it for me, probably 40 years back at my parents Thanksgiving table.

I did take one teeny bite of but it was so sweet I didn't care for it. I'm all grown up now, time to try them again.:tongue:

I think the baked sweet potato fries (also a recipe for those) & chips have various seasonings on them so you just might be able to lure him into the world of sweet potatoes!:wink:

Becca:heart:

I love spicy sweet potato fries and have made them a few times but he doesn't like them. I've also tried adding them to meals he likes as well as bread products. He isn't a fan. He also doesn't like corn, squash, cilantro, onions, yogurt, grains, beans, most vegetables or anything else he considers healthy. I usually have to cook something seperate for him. :o(