Not too expensive but good heart rate monitor???

Options
Any suggestions? I really don't want to spend over 40...am I living in a dream world thinking I can get a decent one for that price (or less)?

Replies

• PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    40 quid or 40 dollars? You don;t say where you are...

If you're in the UK, Tesco do HRM for about £27-8. Pink 'Kelly Holmes' one for girls and a grey one for people who don't want a pink watch.
  • jeninthed
    jeninthed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have two heart monitor watches and I find I have not used them in quite some time! Should I be? What is the benefit?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Look on Ebay or Amazon for good deals. I got my New Balance Duo Sport w/Strap for $18 bucks brand new on Ebay. Shop around
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4. check out www.bodytronics.com
  • Kristy528
    Kristy528 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am actually going to order a HRM this week, and I am going to get a Polar, these are to be one of the best out there. They will cost you more than 40 dollars though. I was jumping back and forth between the FT4 and FT7 I think I am just going to get the FT4, for two reasons the first one is because I want the purple one yeah i know laugh but FT7 comes in Red and Black with a Gold strip for women. I never wear red sooooo i am going to be superficial. I am only using it to get a calorie count in my group classes so I don't need anything fancy(there isn's much difference between the FT4 & FT7 either). I also already own a FitBit, and a Nike Plus sensor for running. Good Luck!!
  • Jordy1983
    Jordy1983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hijack but can anyone advise of a bluetooth HRM that works with a Samsung GS3?
  • Northgardener
    Northgardener Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The benefit to a HR monitor is that you can accurately gauge your effort during a workout. If your HR is not up (faster) into a zone where your fitness is improving, it lets you know to work harder. Even inexpensive Monitors usually have a beep alarm to let you know when you've reached the minimum HR for your age and other factors, or have exceeded a maximum you have decided on.
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I rec. the Polar FT4 HRM. You can get it on amazon.com. It comes in diff colors like black gray, gold or pink.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 from Kohls online using Kohls cash and 30%off coupon! Great deal!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4. check out www.bodytronics.com

For the win!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Skip the HRM and go for a bodymedia, its more accurate and counts your calories all day long. You can find one on ebay for around $40 (US dollars!) and sync it to the website for 3 months free.

I do have a Garmin FR60 that I used to LOVE... but since getting my Bodymedia well over a year ago, I don't use it.. it's way off compared to the Bodymedia and the BM is 95% accurate.
  • readyAIMfire
    readyAIMfire Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just purchased an older version of the mio for $32. I LOVE it! It's such a great peace of mind knowing exactly how many calories you are burning in a workout. Here's the link....

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/mio-classic.html
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    I have had the Polar FT4 and retail they are $99 but got mine for $66 with free shipping from Heartrate Monitors USA. I have heard that some people on here found the Polar FT4 for around $45 or $48 - on some special but not sure which company and if that is still going. I LOVE my Polar - I can't even tell that I am wearing the strap it is so comfortable. I have been using it for 2 weeks - it is nice because MFP usually had a higher calorie burn than I was actually doing so I was probably eating a little more than I should have since I thought I was burning more.....
  • mt2008
    mt2008 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a FT4 from Sears. They have a sale right now, $45. I'm psyched to get it as I have a Timex right now (with a chest strap), but think it overestimates my calorie burn. Good luck!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00614450000P
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I just got a FT7 off of eBay and LOVE it. I even bought the sensor pad since I am too lazy to add stats manually to the exercise site.
  • Jordy1983
    Jordy1983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Thanks for that. I've been looking at the Zephyr but in the UK I can only find it on sites I've never heard of. :( Shame as it sounds ideal. Will look further into the Polar WearLink though. Thanks again :)
  • WineMaiden
    Options
    General consensus seems to be Polar....will look into that and also the Bodymedia thing...I have never even heard of that. THANKS for the replies!!!!!!!!!!!