Options
    Lately ive been doing this
    1 whole large egg
    1/2 cup of egg whites
    1/4 of a pepper chopped
    1 button mushroom
    2 slices of turkey bacon
    and sometimes 1/4 cup of salsa
    scramble it all together, then put the salsa on top!

it keeps me super full untill lunch time! and its about 250 calories!

This is probably the best breakfast on this thread.

Start your day with the right type of calorie burning, If you want to spend the day burning fat, eat fats, eat proteins and do your body a favor and skip the oats and other carbs. When you start your day with carbs, you crave them the rest of the day and that's not a good thing.

Go for Eggs, Egg Whites, Bacon, Turkey Bacon, Cheese food heavy in protein and fats and you'll be full for longer.

I eat about 6oz or Turkey Sausage with about 1/3 cup of liquid egg whites and then cover that in a little cheese and I am good to go for a little bit. You can increase the eggs or sausage to your liking and to what keeps you full.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I usually do egg whites + one whole egg, an avocado, and turkey bacon.
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options
    I skip breakfast and don't get the hunger later. If I eat first thing, no matter what I eat, I will be starving again within a couple hours.
  • ThinAgain46
    Options
    Try scrambled eggs with a slice of smoked salmon chopped and cooked in with it. And one T. cream cheese on the side. Delish, very low-cal and full of protein. For even fewer calories, scramble one egg plus two egg whites.

Something my trainer got me onto a few years ago was oatmeal cooked with a splash of vanilla and cinnamon. Sweeten it with brown sugar and for added protein just add ... wait for it .... a big spoonful of cottage cheese. OR, protein powder.....your choice! But honestly delish and keeps you full for a long time! : )
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    A balanced meal of protein, fats, and complex carbs (not simple!) is your best bet. One egg with two egg whites and vegetables scrambled together, plus a small serving of whole grain cereal (whole oats, not instant) with fruit and perhaps a bit of milk makes a great, filling breakfast. Research shows that this kind of breakfast not only keeps you full, but makes you more likely to eat less at your other meals. For your best fat burn and energy endurance, breakfast should be the biggest meal of your day. I know that can be hard in our culture, though, so do your best.

I caution you against going too low with your carb intake. Studies show that too much fat and protein intake with too few carbs can lead to significant disease later in life, such as pancreatic cancer and diabetes. People may be pushing those diets now and insisting that they're perfectly healthy, but they're all young, and pancreatic cancer is the number 4 cancer killer in the U.S., so I'd take the crowing with a grain of salt.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I like to have:
    1 egg scrambled with 1/2 cup of egg whites,
    yogurt
    sara lee delight low carb bread!

The whole breakfast is about 300 calories.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Eggs and Bacon.... Fat and Protein keeps you full.
    I also sometimes have 1/2 avacado and cherry tomatoes with my eggs and bacon.
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have yogurt parfaits about half the days of the week. By picking the right ingredients I try to get both carbs and protein so I can make it to lunch.

The stats for my parfait today (w/ strawberries & blueberries): 267 cals, 51 g Carbs, 10 g protein, 5 g fat.

~ Dannon - All Natural Lowfat Yogurt - Vanilla - 1/2 cup = 100 cals
    (I don't do the low fat yogurt. They trade the fat for corn syrup.)

~ Quaker - Natural Granola; Oats, Honey, Almonds - 1/4 Cup = 100 cals

~ 1/2-1 cup of fruit - Blueberries, strawberries, raspberres, grapes, craisins
    (My go to fruit is blueberries. I buy a case and a half of blueberries at the farmers market each summer and freeze them. I use other fresh fruits instead of or in addition to the blueberries when the price is right.)
  • PinnacleWA
    Options
    Are you eating protein for breakfast?

I eat a bowl of steel cut oats with 4-5 scrambled egg whites...fills me up and wards off hunger until lunch. I do have a snack @ 10:30, whether I'm hungry or not.

This...My breakfast is typically 1/3 cup of blueberries, 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites, and 45g of quick rolled oats.

I add a tsp of tabasco + salsa for some added flavor.

I wouldn't say I'm "full" but rather "satisfied" and that lasts me until my next meal.

If you are still hungry after breakfast, you might think of adding some almonds / walnuts as a snack 90-120 minutes later.
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos!
    I scramble up a dozen eggs, and add various combos of my fav omlet type fillings:
    -turkey sausage and salsa
    - ham, mushroom, peppers and green onion
    -tomatoes, spinach, peppers, zuchini
    and these all usually contain low fat cheese.

I usually make two batches of fillings, add it to my eggs and top with cheese. Roll up and freeze. A dozen eggs plus filling make 12-15 burritos so I always have a quick easy breakfast on the go. I even take them to work for lunches. So yummy and easy to do on a weekend.
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    All of these suggestions are great! I am keeping this thread for later :) Also, I wanted to add one thing. I know some people don't like processed foods, but I am horrible with mornings so I need something to grab and go. I get the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches - its turkey sausage, egg whites and cheese on a croissant, only 280 calories and SOOOO filling. The only thing you have to watch for is the sodium, which I am horrible with, lol. But its a low cal option for quick!! If you are really good, you could just make these yourself with the real stuff and then freeze them which would probably lower the sodium count also.
  • VirginiaM4
    Options
    I've been eating 1 free run organic omega 3 egg fried in a non stick pan (no salt, no oil, no butter or anything added), 1 100% sprouted whole grain (or sprouted whole wheat) piece of dempsters toast plain (to dip in the yolk, of course:)) and 1 100mg container of fat free yogurt, either with fruit added or i add my own fruit and drink a full glass of water.

It surprisingly leaves me full and gives me energy after, is only 225 calories and it's the only carb intake I take all day from grains (I find grain carbs are better in the morning since I usually do my workout an hour after breakfast)
  • Sw33tKnees
    Sw33tKnees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I almost always have eggs for breakfast... today's..
    Egg over easy
    Egg White
    Mango Salsa -Left over from a dinner
    Pico Salsa -Left over from a dinner
    Black Beans - Left over from a dinner
    Grilled Chicken Breast -Left over from a dinner
    Cottage Cheese
    Cilantro
    368 Cals

This fills me up right to lunch!!
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I usually like to have a big breakfast, 300-400 calories. This helps to keep me pretty full for about 4 hours, until I have my first small snack.
  • CrystalWalks
    CrystalWalks Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    BAKED TILIPIA SEASONED TO YOUR LIKING AND SAUTEED SQUASH LIGHTLY SALTED WITH A DASH OF PAPRIKA AND MS. DASH CHIPTOLE SEASON - THE SPICE FROM THE PAPRIKA AND MS. DASH CHIPOTLE KEEPS YOU FROM BEING HUNGRY AS QUICK AND THE FISH IS FULL OF PROTEIN WHICH ALSO WILL KEPP YOU FEELING FULL LONGER.., THIS MEAL IS EXTREMELY LOW CALORIE 2 PEICES OF TILPIA IS ABOUT 100 CALORIE GIVE OR TAKE YOU CAN EAT 2 CUPS OF SQUASH FOR ABOUT 60 CALOIRES...THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FULFILLING BREAKFASTS ( SORRY FOR CAPS I'M AT WK.):smile:
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Eggs usually do the trick for me. I'll toss in some frozen peppers and onions, then add eggs and scramble. It's really good either by itself or rolled up in a whole wheat tortilla. You can add meat too, if you like. Cottage cheese is another good one, either plain or with frozen or fresh fruit.
  • braveryinallsheis
    Options
    I've found that cutting up a banana and an apple and mixing it with plain greek yogurt is the best breakfast! Gives you protein, fiber, and sugar to get you through to your next meal (: Sometimes I add cinnamon!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is an omlette filled with veggies....my favorite veggies are mushrooms, spinach, aritchokes, & black olives.

I also got hooked on taking a whole wheat tortilla; spreading 1tblsp peanut butter and then layering it with sliced bananas & strawberries. Sprinkle a little granola on top of fruit and then roll it up and enjoy.

I also recently tried per suggestion from a friend omlette "muffins." You take a dozen eggs and whisk them up. Line muffin tin with muffin liners and spray with non-stick spray. Evenly pour whisked eggs into the 12 muffin cups. You can then add veggies of choice to each muffin tin. Bake at 350 for about 15 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Store in the fridge and just warm in the microwave when ready to eat. I haven't tried it but; I've been told you can freeze them too! Makes for a great nutritious filling breakfast when your in a hurry in the morning!!!
  • ldymre
    Options
    Oatmeal keeps me full for hours.I like to sweeten it with honey,and eat it with fresh fruit and cinnamon.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal with a tbsp of natural peanut butter, cut up banana and hemp hearts and I'm full until lunch. My other go to breakfast is two pieces of this local whole grain bread with two warm hard boiled eggs smushed up with a bit of low fat mayo and hot sauce. Sounds weird but its delicious and filling. Both come in at around 400 calories give or take the weight of the bread or banana.