Calling all those just starting out ...

Options
2»

Replies

• roastedcoconuts
    roastedcoconuts Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is the truth if you cut only 500 calories a day from your diet in one week you will lose one pound! Think about if you put all the exercise into it! Everyone is different and your post just related to everyone on this site! Thanks you for explaining the options to people whom may not understand!:) Congrats on your weight loss journey.
  • AddiM55
    Options
    This is so true! Thanks for the advice.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You're awesome Marnie. Glad you're on my team :drinker:
  • peattied
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. I just (re)started Monday and this is good to know because 1200 calories is hard to maintain. I will make some adjustments now.
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, I seriously thought 1200 was a low number, and wondered the very sane thing, what happens when I stall? I certainly cant drop my calorie intake below 1200i would starve, i figure around 1400 is a good place to start, i googled it and for my weight and height, it says 1400 was good.
  • yasavi
    yasavi Posts: 30
    Options
    Well, what's even scarier is that I've peeked at many people's open diaries and there are those that have a net calorie intake of LESS than 1,000! That is too damn scary. PLEASE eat more if you want to lose weight safely!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post. I didn't do mine for losing two pounds a week, I kept a realistic point of view and only set it for a pound a week. I started January 3rd and to date have lost 14. That is averaging over three pounds a week. I'm not complaining.
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am eating on average 1400-1500 a day including exercise calories. SHould I bump it up?
  • ceomary
    Options
    Great post!