looking for friends doing 1200 calorie

Options
124»

Replies

• bellanana809
    Options
    AnnMarie - I am in this predicament also. I have been increasing my calories above the 1200 to account for the exercise I do that day. So actually eating about 1600 calories a day but burning 350-400 in exercise. But I haven't lost weight for about 10 days. I wonder if it would be more beneficial (weight loss) for me to exercise and NOT increase my caloric intake more than 1200 calories per day? But then I am concerned that my body will think it is in that 'starvation mode' and not lose weight ? I'm a bit confused about this. I have about 40 lbs. to lose. I just started being serious about 3 weeks ago. So far 9 lbs down.
  • Kinzmommy
    Options
    Mine is 1250.... I'd love to share my diary and see others open for friends as well...
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Just gonna put this out there:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

you don't have to suffer through 1200 calories. Read back through a lot of these posts where you see "this is my fourth time trying" and all of that. If it isn't sustainable for life, once you actually eat again.. you'll gain it back and be back here looking for more of the same.

Just quoting because he beat me to it. I'm relatively new but thankfully stumbled onto this quickly, and so far it's been terrific. Finding out your TDEE can seem complicated so if anyone is curious, I can try and help and if I can't I'll find someone with more expertise. Just putting it out there, no pressure, slinking away now, good luck in any case...namaste.

Thank you for putting this in such a respectful and nice way! I'm on 1200 due to medical advice, and advice from people qualified in the right field, so I do have a reason for it. However, like I said above, I don't often mention it on the boards because people get really aggressive and say that they know more than multiple medical professionals about my situation, which I find really demoralising and insulting at times. You came in, you gave useful advice, and you didn't insult or belittle people :smile:

Well, thank you, for real...but I wonder if this wasn't really a chance to take a swipe at those "aggressive" people while cloaking it in a compliment for me. :wink:

Look, I get what you're saying. I think my threshold for repetition is just much higher than those folks you mentioned. I've been here all of one month. These people who've been around a while have heard it all x10. They get frustrated when people stay an ineffective course time after time because they actually care and want to help. Maybe they do get peevish, but these are the same people that have gotten me onto an effective plan to become healthy and strong and k!ckass. They've saved me from breaking my own heart, so I have to take up for them a bit. But, I still want to gently put an alternative out there in case people come back to this b/c their 1200 plan isn't going well. I'm motivated by the same thing as those MFP-weary veterans, so maybe try and just be patient with them.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just gonna put this out there:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

you don't have to suffer through 1200 calories. Read back through a lot of these posts where you see "this is my fourth time trying" and all of that. If it isn't sustainable for life, once you actually eat again.. you'll gain it back and be back here looking for more of the same.

Just quoting because he beat me to it. I'm relatively new but thankfully stumbled onto this quickly, and so far it's been terrific. Finding out your TDEE can seem complicated so if anyone is curious, I can try and help and if I can't I'll find someone with more expertise. Just putting it out there, no pressure, slinking away now, good luck in any case...namaste.

Thank you for putting this in such a respectful and nice way! I'm on 1200 due to medical advice, and advice from people qualified in the right field, so I do have a reason for it. However, like I said above, I don't often mention it on the boards because people get really aggressive and say that they know more than multiple medical professionals about my situation, which I find really demoralising and insulting at times. You came in, you gave useful advice, and you didn't insult or belittle people :smile:

Well, thank you, for real...but I wonder if this wasn't really a chance to take a swipe at those "aggressive" people while cloaking it in a compliment for me. :wink:

Look, I get what you're saying. I think my threshold for repetition is just much higher than those folks you mentioned. I've been here all of one month. These people who've been around a while have heard it all x10. They get frustrated when people stay an ineffective course time after time because they actually care and want to help. Maybe they do get peevish, but these are the same people that have gotten me onto an effective plan to become healthy and strong and k!ckass. They've saved me from breaking my own heart, so I have to take up for them a bit. But, I still want to gently put an alternative out there in case people come back to this b/c their 1200 plan isn't going well. I'm motivated by the same thing as those MFP-weary veterans, so maybe try and just be patient with them.

It really wasn't, I just really appreciate people being nice about things! I'm motivated by them too, they're not the ones I'm referring to, it's the ones who have been on here for a couple of days and once read something in a magazine about calories, and thinks they're a pro haha.

Edit: also, the people who are the motivating knowledgeable ones, tend to be the ones who are able to give people advice in a constructive and informative way, opposed to the angry ones!
  • clcowie
    clcowie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to add to my friends list. The more the merrier! I'm always looking for new food ideas to help stay in that 1200 calorie ranch. Im trying to keep to 5 or 6 small meals a day...that way I'm taking something in every couple of hours or o. Keep the blood sugar from dropping or spiking too much. Feel free to add me. I try to post a status every other day or so...would love to havesome of you show up on my news feed with your daily successes, struggles, and ideas. Wishing you all many healthy eating days ahead!!
  • Brandye71
    Brandye71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm game! I aim for 1200 calories a day and depending on how many calories I "earn adn burn" from my workouts, I will eat 200-400 more. Friend reply me! :o)
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try to stick to 1200 calories, but I find myself going over by a couple hundred. I do exercise most days, so it is almost a wash. I've lost 6 lbs in the last month and a half.
  • chrondos8030
    Options
    My current goal is 1200! I just dropped it some as I wasn't seeing any results :( I am living abroad in South Korea right now so my meals are pretty mundane. Shopping here is hard enough as it is because while I do read a little Hangul, I don't have a large vocabulary which makes figuring out labels impossible. I try to stick to chicken (meat is outrageously expensive here) and salads.

If anyone has some tips on living and dieting abroad it would be appreciated. Feel free to add me.
  • AnjylNguyen
    Options
    I'm at 1200 a day go ahead and add me! Good luck Crystal! :)
  • Miellee
    Options
    Hey also doing this 1200 calorie a day thing too!! Although I try not to tell people I do since I always get a negative reaction--and I'm not so good at sticking to it either.

But good luck! I'm new to the world of MFP so I need a friend :-)
  • Glen3787
    Glen3787 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1,200 and have lost 13lbs since Jan. 28 (21 days ago) and I still have 25 more to go. I was waiting to introduce any type of exercise when I reach my plateau.

I found doing a weekly average works best for me. What I mean, I average my past seven days of eating and I try to maintain a daily average of 1,200 calories. Like most, you might eat a little more on Saturdays, and eat less on Mondays and Wednesdays. This way you slightly zigzag your daily calories; yet at the end of the week the caloric goal of 1,200 still being achieved.

Below are some tips I’ve been following and thanks to fellow MFP members:

• Read and understand nutrition facts on labels. (What you don’t know may sabotage your diet)
    • Read nutrition information on restaurants before you eat there. (Have a plan or strategy)
    • Eat 3 meals a day. (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
    • Eat 2 Lo-Calorie Snacks. (morning & Afternoon)
    • Eat no more than 400 calories. (At one given time)
    • Drink Water (Don’t Count - tea, cokes & beer)
    • Limit Alcohol Consumption. (Alcohol = Calories)
  • Mrs_Cunningham
    Mrs_Cunningham Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im doing 1200 calories a day. plus for now im doing the replaceing 2 meals a day. so add me always looking for new friends and ideas.
  • clarkjoanna
    Options
    hello my name is joanna,iam doing 1200 for about eight month if eating healthy that could be alot of food.i have lost 65 pounds and still have 100 pounds to go.i weighed in at 290. iam looking as this as a life change.iam 55 and want my last years to be good,i have more energy, and hope to continue for a long time. drnkin water also helps at least half your weights in oz.and good protiens,