Weight Lifting Combined With Cardio.....

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    the best answer is it will differ from person to person so a little experimenting on your part would be needed. I personally start my day with 20-60 minutes of cardio then go to 30-60 minutes of strength training. This works very well for me but may not for you. The body is an incredible machine that adapts to the demands put on it but each one reacts differently to different situations as well. As long as you are not running yourself into the ground, you maintain a healthy diet, listen to and get a good nights rest you will be good to go

I'm surprised this didn't have a bacon turtle....:grumble:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    If its in the same session, weights first. I don't want to be dropping a weight on my noggin because I'm tired and also too loosened up so risk injury because of a large amount of movement.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I do 30-40 minutes of cardio...either bike, elliptical, or treadmill, then 20-30 minutes of strength training. I too was a bit compulsive with the weights, but I have backed off a bit and am still happy with the results. Also do hot power yoga a couple of times a week which I feel is a nice combo of strength and cardio. I have heard its best to do strength training first, but I never have. Old habits die hard.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. I lift after work.
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My trainer always said 5 minutes of cardio followed by weights and then 30 more minutes of cardio.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I do about a 30 minute cardio circuit with weights then I do another 30 minutes uphill on the treadmill.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Fantastic suggestions! Thank you so much! I did a great leg workout on Monday and decided not to do it again yesterday but instead do the C25K program and it was great to run again. For whatever reason I never considered breaking up my workout to do some early in the day and then later. What a great idea. Thank you all again its much appreciated and working towards being able to do the full workout in the same session one day :)