A bit of a Pep Talk

Options
I rarely post in the forums but lately have seen a lot of folks expressing frustration, despondence and harshness towards themselves. I had to take action! A pep talk is in order.

I give my self pep talks multiple times a day. I have to - it has taken 18 months to lose 52 pounds. Compared to lots of other folks, that's eons. Truthfully, the fact that my loss has been so slow has been the best thing to happen to me. I am not a naturally patient person, and it has taught me patience. More than that, I have learned that ANYTHING is possible.

I am here to tell you, definitively and without reservation, that you are a fabulous person. You are a person deserving of self-love, self-respect and kindness. You are person deserving of happiness and health. You are 100% in charge and in control of your attitude.

You are not in control of the scale. It's nice to think that, but you are not. The reasons that the scale does what it does (or doesn't do!) are endless. We are all unique with unique circumstances that greatly affect our rate of weight loss.

You are, however, in control of your attitude. You are in control of setting your priorities. You are in control of deciding what is important to you and living every moment embracing that decision.

Right now, as of this moment, you are valuable and beautiful and unique. I am positive you can achieve your priorities. I am positive you can be exactly who you want to be.

Action is crucial, but how you treat yourself, how you talk to yourself, how you love yourself, will ultimately determine your success.

It has taken me 18 months to figure that out. Some days I'm better at it than others. Recently I got some advice from folks on here that I consider experts. It wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. I thought about it for a few days. I realized that if my priorities were as I stated, the advice was excellent. And in believing the advice was excellent, I had to restructure my time to fit in certain activities. I chose to do it. I choose every day - you can too.

Choose love, choose belief, choose courage and choose honesty with yourself. And most importantly, make the choice to believe that you are fabulous. Because it is true.

Replies

• shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Excellent pep talk. When you have a lot to lose it can be discouraging at times but I have weathered countless ups and downs and am keeping on. You are so right that we have to believe and love and respect ourselves so we do what we may really want to do for our health.

Rebecca
  • artd9312
    artd9312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You my friend, are incredibly inspirational, beautiful, and a testament to dedication. I'm so moved by your accomplishments Rebecca!
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks you so much it was a very nice pep talk and one I needed. Especially now that it is girl scout cookie season. Those little monsters are every where. But honestly it was a very though week emotionally and I needed and still need as much support as I can get now days. Thank you so much my friend.
  • tafrace
    tafrace Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you I needed that!!
  • artd9312
    artd9312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you all!

Folks, feel free to friend me - some might accuse me of living in a land of butterflies and daffodils but it's a happy place to be :)
  • packratpatty
    packratpatty Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What a lovely post. Thank you for giving me the little pep talk I've needed. I have went to several of the different topics on here and there are quite a few people who are just plain MEAN. It has made me scared to ask questions, make comments or even express any frustrations. Your nice post gave me hope and insight into a daunting problem. I sincerely apprecaite your kind words.
  • abbie40ca
    abbie40ca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk :)
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed today. Thank you for posting this!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. A land of butterflies and daffodils sounds good to me x