Post Workout Healthy Breakfast Solutions Needed

Options
monmcb
monmcb Posts: 35 Member
Hi,
After my workouts, i have a bowl of honey nut cheerios and half cup of 2% milk, or a couple of pieces of toast with a small glass of OJ. I'd like to eat something that is low in sugar, high in protein and somewhat filling. Let me know your thoughts!

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    protein shake
    greek yogurt
    cottage cheese
    egg white omelet with lots of veggies
  • Firefrog76
    Firefrog76 Posts: 45
    Options
    Arnold's 100 calorie sandwich thin with either egg whites with fresh spinach or with 1TBS natural peanutbutter with banana or raisins.

So good and so filling!
  • mctny
    mctny Posts: 6
    Options
    I like Archer Farms - Cinnamon Start With Protein Cereal (Target Stores) I have 0.75 cup with 1/2 cup organic skim milk.
  • herbnkitchenfairy
    Options
    Hi, my personal favorite is Spirutein unsweetend natural vanilla flavor shake mix. I combine it with 1/2 cup of almond milk (adds a nice low level of sweetness and is rich and creamy), 1/2 cup of cold water, 1/2 of a banana, and a handful or two of either fresh or frozen berries or some other frozen fruit that suits my fancy for the day.

Spiriu-tein is the best tasting meal replacement drink that is really satisfying. For example, if I have it after I work out in the AM, I eat a light lunch that consists of something like an apple, 2T all natural (grind the peanuts at the healthfood store) peanutbutter and a piece of cheese OR Applegate farms Turkey that is organic with no antibiotics, fillers, or nitrates with a piece of cheese and a few baby carrots. I am satisfied and they are simple easy things to have on hand and can be ready or packed in a matter of minutes.

Spiarutein does not contain a lot of fillers like whey etc. and the soy protein is non-GMO natural soy. They make many other flavors, I just find the unsweetend vanilla is the most versitile.

They sell it at GNC, Whole Foods, EarthFare, etc. but I have found the my local health/vitamin store sells it for the best price.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    All things eggs will keep you pretty satisfied. I find that cereal and similar grainy type things early in the morning tend to make me hungry sooner.
  • jaj06760
    jaj06760 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Low-Sugar-Breakfast-Ideas-7871635

The link above will show you five really good, filling, and low sugar breakfasts. No crazy low carb breakfasts with eight different kinds of meat, just generally healthy meals. Hope it helps!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with banana or blueberries. Yum. :happy:
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    This is my favourite and takes about 2 minutes to make. Just put 2 eggs in bowl, wisk for 30 secs and cook in microwave for 60secs. Zap wrap for about 10 secs, then lay out on a piece of tin foil. Dump in the eggs and anything else, roll it up within foil. dig in.

Rudi's Organic Bakery - Whole Spelt Tortillas, 1 tortilla (57g)
    Cal 140
    Carb 27
    Fat 3
    Pro 5
    Sug 2
    Sodium 200

Eggland's Best Egg (2 eggs)
    Cal 140
    Carb 1
    Fat 8
    Pro 12
    Sugar 0
    Sodium 130

Add some bacon for more flavor and protein, but also increase in time to prep, cals and cholesterol.

If you want a replacement for your honey nut cherios, then look into "steel cut oats" and add a dash of real honey on it.. It's IMPOSSIBLE to overeat, good for you and you won't want to snack until lunch time. 1/4 cup dry is plenty. (I eat about 1/3-1/2 ... but I'm 6'3" male).
    Either I or my wife make it up on Sundays and lasts us all week.... just takes 10 minutes to make, then cool time, then time to portion it out.
    I've also read, that being boring for breakfast and even lunch helps eliminate the need to snack throughout the day.
  • MissKaay
    MissKaay Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi,
    After my workouts, i have a bowl of honey nut cheerios and half cup of 2% milk, or a couple of pieces of toast with a small glass of OJ. I'd like to eat something that is low in sugar, high in protein and somewhat filling. Let me know your thoughts!

My normal breakfast is SO filling, and so yummy. And about 250?
    Weight Watchers Bagel- 150 Calorie
    2 tbsn- fat free philidalphia cream cheese- 30 calorie
    Ralphs Lite Yoguurt or Carbmaster- 80 Calorie
    1/4 cup kashi go lean crunch in yogurt- 50 Calorie
    And sometimes I'll add strawberrys, mmm!
    Hope it helps.
  • monmcb
    monmcb Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thank you everyone! I'm so excited to add some variety into my breakfast, and these are all wonderful ideas! A slimmer me here i come!
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    Egg whites w/your choice of veggies are fantastic. I use butter flavored pam, 4 egg whites with chopped fresh spinach and mushrooms (as much as you'd like). Sometimes I use 2% shredded cheese, or 1 tbsp salsa, and alwyas 2 slices of multi-grain toast. I find when I eat this for breakfast it keeps me satisfied.

Good luck!!