ANyone Have ideas for the use of coconut milk??

2»

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    cubed chicken, mixed fresh vegetables, tomatoes, coconut milk, thai red curry powder. simmer till done. extra yummy. Can also use with thai green curry powder which has a milder and to me is wonderful with fish.
  • devon0324
    devon0324 Posts: 57 Member
    Thai peanut sauce.

Very few ingredients are needed to make peanut sauce. For five servings you need 2 tbsp. smooth natural peanut butter, 2 tbsp. light coconut milk, 1/2 tbsp. lime juice, 2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce, 1 tsp. brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper. To prepare, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and vigorously whisk until smooth.

700 calories per cup but I usually eat a tbs. with steamed veggies or chicken.

I think i am going to try to make this TONITE!!!! THANks MFPALS!!!
  • EddieDoodle
    EddieDoodle Posts: 6 Member
    Bump for later - thanks
  • Bumpies ^^
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    I use coconut milk to cook my salmon. First I rub the salmon fillet with a mixture of mace, turmeric, cayenne, and salt and let it sit a few minutes. Then I put the salmon in a microwave safe bowl and pour in lite coconut milk until it covers the salmon completely. Microwave on high 5-8 minutes.

The salmon comes out moist and delicious. I'm sure you could also use different spice/herb combinations. You may have to practice the timing based on the thickness of your salmon fillet and the power of your microwave.
  • trickycoolj
    trickycoolj Posts: 37 Member
    Panang Curry
    Thom Yum Soup
    On warmed up plain rice with cinnamon

And my recent discovery, I threw some lite coconut milk into pancake mix and it made some heavenly fluffy pancakes! Added cals since it's not mixed with plain water but such a lovely flavor. Could top it with some pineapple.
  • rhonsal
    rhonsal Posts: 46 Member
    Spicy sweet potato and coconut soup! Yum
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Brazilian fish stew:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brazilian-fish-stew/

This was a hit! I could so eat it every day.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    jamaican peas and rice, no?
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    I use it in Indian and Thai curries.
    Marinade for Shrimp or fish...with rum:heart: