Ponytails are SEXY? For real?

Options

Replies

• skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: Ponytails are SEXY? For real ?

True - Time to wipe away the drool . . . . they are sooooooo hot !

Nothing sexier then a women in a pony tail with a baseball cap on. GO JAYS !
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Okay, a ponytail to me is a quick, cool way to wear my hair when I'm getting hot & sweaty working out. See?:

IMAG1264_zps4360ff78.jpg

But on a recent episode of NCIS, I was surprised to hear the male characters talking in a group about how SEXY a ponytail is. Really?!? *smh* So, I called up my bestie and asked if she'd ever heard that. Nope, but she had more guys talk to her in the gym when she's wearing one. And lately, I got some compliments when wearing one outside my workouts.

So, yes, I know the NCIS show is fiction. But did the writers base it on something real? Now I'm officially curious. Do guys really find a woman's ponytail sexy? True or False?

NCIS rocks :P

Aside from that, my husband prefers me with my hair up so maybe there is some truth to it lol
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I would like to add that I am a little upset...I am on a work computer so I am not able to upload pics....if this was talked about on NCIS where is Abby and Ziva?
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Questions: Are ponytails sexy?

Answer: YES!

End of discussion.

P.S. Women have been spending all that money on hair, when all they needed to invest in was a scrunchie (or hell, use a damn rubber band).
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    For the guys who don't know what a scrunchie is but want to know as we women are all in disagreement on whether or not they are sexy. I personally love them as they are easy to use and depending on the style and fabric - can easily dress up a ponytail.

Z1SCRJAS-Red.jpg
    Scrunchies2.jpg
    urban-renewal-gauze-scrunchies.jpg
    cool-scrunchies.png
    rayon-silk-velvet-scrunchies.JPG
    scrunchies.jpg
    7a.1.jpg

AHHHHHHH.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

End of discussion.

P.S. Women have been spending all that money on hair, when all they needed to invest in was a scrunchie (or hell, use a damn rubber band).

Rubber bands can damage or pull hair out...just sayin'
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options

End of discussion.

Okay... since *you* said it... I gotta ask... we have had some "scrunchie-haters" on this thread (much to my surprise, who knew a hair holder could generate such obscure feelings?!? LOL), notably ALL women, or so it seemed. So, what do GUYS think?

1. Scrunchies are fine.
    2. No way on the Scrunchies.
    3. What the heck is a Scrunchie and who cares. <g>

I'm betting #3 will be the winner with guys. <g>
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Vacuum-hair-ponytail.gif

is this cheating?

OMG i want one so i can be even lazier about slapping my hair up into a ponytail!

OMG... when I saw this post on my phone, it just shows it as a still pic and I didn't "get it". Seeing the VIDEO version is a riot!!! LOL
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    Yes ponytails are sexy!

I remember when an ex of mine thought it was weird when I told her that about her hair.
    She said she only wore it that way when she was in a hurry and having a bad hair day and it kept it out of her eyes etc.

But it means I could see her sexy neck etc and it swished from side to side when she jogged which was hot...
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    A ponytail that sways back and forth while a woman runs for me is more mesmerizing than a guy right in front of me swinging a pocket watch...I hate girls at the gym with them as I try to focus on my workout and I feel like a old creep cuz I cannot look away......

add yoga pants and my workout has taken a freakin dive although blood flow still pick ups as does heart rate!

add in a sports bra and in horseracing we call that a TRI-FECTA!

This!

Good thing our heart rate monitors aren't set to beep publically...
  • tinajean141
    Options
    They are hot. Gives me something to pull while she's um... mmmhmm.

....while she's uhh, doing yardwork?

(everyone took my good lines already :grumble: )
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When I first met my wife, she ran track. So she always had her hair in a ponytail. She had long red hair and watching it sway back and forth....damn, just amazing. I need a cold shower now.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Ponytails allow more of the woman's skin to be seen...collarbone, neck...etc

I get it.

However, PIGtails...those are more fun
  • OifVet0809
    Options
    Ponytails allow more of the woman's skin to be seen...collarbone, neck...etc

I get it.

However, PIGtails...those are more fun
    I agree!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

End of discussion.

Rubber bands can damage or pull hair out...just sayin'

yeah but scrunchies can damage your rep and pull you out of the cool kids club...just sayin'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCWjgg58pb5ehbQEgevb6kXyb---CwUL23mQga9t0kqu4Kh7Bgeg
    oh, ooh this just in...someone here said they were back in style, and apparently the folks at american apparel agree, but as I do not look like this girl currently, I do not plan to wear them because I think no one will get that I'm wearing it ironically. especially in combo with my mom jeans.

I think you walk a fine line if trying to be fashionable with your "in style" scrunchies...here are some examples some work, some don't you be the judge
    summer-615x800.jpg
    121709-scrunchie-400x400.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV5Y3ljjSiyUd0HnqcWnPRPK3wIVaodLVHiIxnx1ykW2hbz_Sa
    rad-or-bad-return-of-the-scrunchie.jpg
    http://www.refinery29.com/rad-or-bad-the-revenge-of-the

Good article...old but good. So I guess scrunchies been coming "back in style" for a few years now, or trying.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pig tails are even better...or so I've been told.

That is what a friend of mine said!!! He LOVED pig tails. REALLY??? I thought he was joking....... :noway:
  • northfresh
    Options
    I don't FEEL hot with a ponytail, since I wear one at work and I don't know many cooks who feel sexy after a grueling day at work lol. And positive attention from the opposite sex is pretty much the same as when my hair is down, so I'm thinking its a 'to each their own' sort of thing. Some people like bangs, or redheads, or long hair. Some like ponytails. Meh.
  • OifVet0809
    Options
    I don't FEEL hot with a ponytail, since I wear one at work and I don't know many cooks who feel sexy after a grueling day at work lol. And positive attention from the opposite sex is pretty much the same as when my hair is down, so I'm thinking its a 'to each their own' sort of thing. Some people like bangs, or redheads, or long hair. Some like ponytails. Meh.
    Umm...You can where your hair how you want as long as you keep the rifle pointed down range...I'm kidding...you're right :)
  • northfresh
    Options
    Umm...You can where your hair how you want as long as you keep the rifle pointed down range...I'm kidding...you're right :)

Lol I don't even get the joke but it made me think, DEFINITELY wearing my hair up when shooting lol. And I've been told women with guns are hot, so having a ponytail while holding a gun...?
  • northfresh
    Options

Oops I'm slow lol. My profile pics are so old, except the one I'm using now! Haha. I forgot about that.