Whey protein and oats shake

Options
thinking about trying that in my blender for a breakfast will it be chunky and hard to swallow the oats? or will the oats be all powder really want to try it.

Replies

• RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I turn oats and nuts into powder in my coffee grinder. They are ~$10.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have this every morning for breakfast. If you let it sit overnight, the oats are softened by the milk/water.

1/2 cup oats
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 cup almond milk
    1 tsp instant coffee

What's also great is making it in a jar of peanut butter that is almost gone.

Let sit in fridge overnight - deliciousness
  • Luis2787
    Options
    i was thinking about doing chocolate whey, oats, peanut butter for the morning
  • mommamills
    Options
    I have this every morning for breakfast. If you let it sit overnight, the oats are softened by the milk/water.

1/2 cup oats
    1 cup almond milk
    1 tsp instant coffee

Oh man! this sounds fantastic!!!!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

1/2 cup oats
    1 cup almond milk
    1 tsp instant coffee

Oh man! this sounds fantastic!!!!

To save time (especially with that little one in your pic!) make up baggies on the weekend with the dry ingredients so you just put 1 of those with milk in the fridge at night. :)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

1/2 cup oats
    1 cup almond milk
    1 tsp instant coffee

This sounds delicious!
  • Luis2787
    Options
    lol any more ideas
  • ltl_leah
    ltl_leah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Met-Rx makes a protein shake called "Oats and Whey" It's very good. I've tried the Cinnamon Roll and the Chocolate. All the work it done for ya!
  • zobqueen
    zobqueen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to give that a try - sounds right up my alley with the chocolate and coffee! :happy:
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I usually make something like this but I'll throw in half a banana. Banana PB chocolate smoothie. Delicious, filling and healthy :happy:
  • Tango8621
    Tango8621 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YUM. I'm going to do the shake also.