What do YOU eat when you have a "FREE" meal!?

Options

Replies

• XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Taco bell a large pepsi mexican pizza cheesy fiesta potatoes
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Firstly, great job on all of your dedication thus far.

In response to your question: I typically don't plan a free meal. I'm not saying I don't go hog-wild over chili-fries occasionally. I just don't plan it... it just sort of happens... Kudos to you for having the forsight to plan ahead! :smile:

1-1_zps5821391e.jpg
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Chic-friggin-Fil-A.

Spicy chicken sandwich, fries, and a sweet tea.

Mmmmmm.

This but replace sweet tea with chocolate milkshake...SOOO YUMMY! And it is Cow-approved :wink:
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I don't have free meal days. I am too worried about the backsliding that accompanies it for me. I look at the menu on line and chose healthy before I get there.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I have a free day once a week where i eat lots of bread, butter, chocolate, chips, crisps, fat, grease mmmmm lol
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Pizza.

Fish n chips!

Mexican.
  • raichhype
    raichhype Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell's cheese quesadilla gets me every time!

Or pizza hut's lunch buffet <3
  • jakeabhau
    Options
    Pizza!!!!! It is my weakness.

Same. I haven't had a slice of pizza for nearly 2 months. I'm shooting for 43 pounds lost (19 gone already). Once there, my reward is two slices of Bacon covered New York style pizza.
  • karalynnroll
    karalynnroll Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mmm Chipotle!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Pizza, candy, whatever really. That's why it's a free meal.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Sesame chickennnnnnnn *-*
  • tinamartinson
    tinamartinson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever looks good on the menu. And, I definitely eat dessert. I *LOVE* dessert. <sigh>

Then I suffer through the gut-rot later that night and/or the next day.
  • dtm14
    dtm14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Juicy Lucy burger
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    BBQ bacon cheese burger, sweet potato fries, and JD whiskey cake
  • owllison
    Options
    Pizza! Or ice-cream. Or both!
  • samanthasky
    samanthasky Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If I had a somewhat healthy free day, I would most likely go to Chipotle and get a burrito bowl. If I was trying to go all out, I would go to Five Guys, or Chilis, or Cheesecake Factory.

mmm.... Cheesecake Factory sounds nice.
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Depends on where I'm going.
  • fernandesg
    fernandesg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i know you mean a meal where you are not overly concerned with calories, but nothing will make me eat more than free food - office lunches, weddings, whatever. if the food is free, i am eating a bunch of whatever it is. i have no idea why i do this. i'm not, generally, a frugal person - but if there is free pizza, i will eat what i can, and then see if there is any leftover to take home

It's not just you! We have a saying at my work - "people's standards for what is 'good' food drops dramatically when it's free". If something is left out with a sign that says "help yourself" it will get eaten no matter how yucky - because it's free! :laugh:

OP - when I have a day that I am not counting, I like to have something from the appetizer menu - something I normally avoid. My girlfriend and I go out a couple times a year, and we usually split a half order of nachos, have a realtively decent meal (fish or lean steak) and then share a dessert. I find that I cannot eat as much volume as I used to anyway, and this way I get to cheat without feeling ill afterwards :happy:
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday for lunch I have epic Thai food time. Usually consists of pad Thai and spring rolls. My "free meal" I guess though I don't really think of it as that. Just of glorious food that fits into my lifestyle.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I don't really do "cheat" days, but it's sometimes hard not to go over on tabletop gaming days - gamer seem to do nothing but eat junk all day. And they share. Argh!

That said, I've invited people round for dinner on my birthday. I'm going to make cheese fondue with baguette, a salad with lots of walnuts and yoghurt-garlic dressing, and poppyseed cake for dessert. And I'm having pancakes for breakfast. And I won't care. So there.