What do YOU eat when you have a "FREE" meal!?

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Every few weeks I treat myself to a Reuben.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Usually it's whatever happens to be nearby, but my main cheat is microbrewed beer from my favorite breweries. Hooray Empty Calories!
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would say anything as long as you keep logging it. That is how I mess up, I have a "Freebie" and don't log it, so I don't log the next pizza and candy, and just plummits down hill from there
  • Otitis
    Options
    I have a one cheat day a week. It doesn't mean I go crazy though.

For me, a cheat day could be El Pollo Loco with rice, beans and a flour tortilla.

What I would do is look at the nutrition menu for the restaurant and then make a good choice based on whatever your meal criteria is. For me it is calories and sodium. The object is not to throw a nuclear bomb into your diet. Don't skimp but don't go crazy.

And more importantly, have a good time.
  • jgollnick
    jgollnick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It is actually encouraged by many to allow yourself one cheat meal a week for a few reasons. It keeps you from going crazy and it keeps your metabolism from getting too comfortable. Instead of asking us what to eat think about what it is that you have been missing so far since your diet. Then indulge and make sue its epic
  • iampam4399
    iampam4399 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Maytag Chips from the Irish Bred Pub - homemade chips piled with bleu cheese crumbles, real bacon pieces, chopped scallions, drizzled in sour cream/mayo mixture. Make you slap yo mamma!!! So good!!!

Wings - from anywhere good!!

Beer - cold and flowing

All of the above sounds like a good "bad" day to me!
  • rayvnmistress
    Options
    Either Pizza or Chinese. And to complete the cheat-day, I go for dessert from the local creamery or the pie shop in my town.
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    THIS ALL SOUNDS DELICIOUS!!!!!!! Damn...I'm gonna tear something up!
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fridays are typically my cheat days. Every Friday, my division at work goes out for pizza for lunch, so I'll have a slice of pizza and a side salad. My boyfriend and I typically go out for dinner on Friday, which most likely means Chili's or something like that. I pretty much have what I want and I enjoy it. It hasn't hindered my progress so far!
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I had a Subway footlong today. Don't judge me. :(
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I haven't really been bad in a while...but if/when I have a "free" meal, I just make sure it's crazy filling. Only thing worse than eating "bad" is eating "bad" and then following it up with a extra-calorie chaser. :)
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I go to the Chinese food place in the mall food court & get honey mustard chicken and lo mein. Probably 3 days worth of sodium but it is so dang delicious.
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to Applbees over the weekend. They have a new menu of under 500 cal meals. We had a steak and grilled shrimp with cheese and almonds on top with steamed vegetables.....it was wonderful!......Very filling!
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Th
  • lei1111
    Options
    know you mean a meal where you are not overly concerned with calories, but nothing will make me eat more than free food - office lunches, weddings, whatever. if the food is free, i am eating a bunch of whatever it is. i have no idea why i do this. i'm not, generally, a frugal person - but if there is free pizza, i will eat what i can, and then see if there is any leftover to take home

that one made me laugh. i am the same =/ i work in a dr office and someone is ALWAYS bringing in foods and sweets. i have gained 80 pounds!!! i need to learn to say no. have a great cheat day and eat till youre sick =P i agree with the guy that said one day wont hurt and it will be a nice day with friends.
  • Elbeckistan
    Elbeckistan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Every couple of weeks when I have my "cheat" meal, I go over to this awesome steakhouse right down the street. I get a 9 OZ. Prime rib, a baked potato, and giant mug of Stella Artois, and I am in heaven! Can't wait til next week.....haha
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Chic-friggin-Fil-A.

Spicy chicken sandwich, fries, and a sweet tea.

Mmmmmm.

This but replace sweet tea with chocolate milkshake...SOOO YUMMY! And it is Cow-approved :wink:

Ugh, they have the BEST milkshakes.
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If I am going to have a cheat meal it is a bowl (or burrito) from my favorite place Chipotle :happy:

I eat Chipotle regularly. But I don't count it as a cheat meal - just work it into my points for the day. (I'm doing Weight Watchers).
    I love that place!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    If I am going to have a cheat meal it is a bowl (or burrito) from my favorite place Chipotle :happy:

That's a cheat?? There's only like, 600 calories in that lol.

To OP: I don't have non-logged meals but I routinely have days that I eat over and make up for by eating under other days. The high days usually involve alcohol, and pizza (it's a weak spot, and I don't stop at one slice lol).
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Prime rib. I mean it's free, right? Someone else is buying?

Okay, I'll answer the actual question. I can't have a free meal because then I won't be free of annoying pestering cravings for the next day or three. So I'd rather just not.

I do eat over calories some days with the foods that don't trigger me, though, in which case I just have whatever and sit around happily stuffed and rubbing my belly.