What do YOU eat when you have a "FREE" meal!?

Options
124»

Replies

• j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    There are sooo many things to list. It is usually 1 of 5 things though.
    1) Vesuvio's Restaurant - calzones, roman fries, and/or a meatball sub
    2) St John's Bar & Grill - A HUGE burger loaded with bacon, cheese, and jalapeno's
    3) The Duke of Endinburgh - everything here is good; scotch eggs, bangers, shepherd's pie,etc
    4) Andy's BBQ - ribs, tri-tip, sausages, garlic bread, etc
    5) Pizza - I LOOOOVE pizza!!
  • Snikkee
    Snikkee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    no such thing as a free meal.
  • RoboGal12
    RoboGal12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Get whatever your favorite thing is on the menu. Get your favorite desert. Get an appetizer that overflows with sauces and creams.

you didn't get overweight be eating one huge meal with a friend. i promise you that you will not regain all your weight by eating one huge meal with a friend. go there, eat, laugh, enjoy. log it as 3000 quick cals. or don't log it all all. doesn't matter. one meal will not derail you.

Funny, because any time I do cheat and weigh myself the next day, I always gain about 3-4 pounds. One day makes me gain 3-4 pounds, and it takes 2-3 days to take it off. Which I is why I know I probably shouldn't be having "cheat" days all that often. But maybe that's just me.
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    S U S H I ! ! !
  • Csoldano
    Csoldano Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Get whatever your favorite thing is on the menu. Get your favorite desert. Get an appetizer that overflows with sauces and creams.

you didn't get overweight be eating one huge meal with a friend. i promise you that you will not regain all your weight by eating one huge meal with a friend. go there, eat, laugh, enjoy. log it as 3000 quick cals. or don't log it all all. doesn't matter. one meal will not derail you.

This is true, I lost a lot of weight before the holidays and was dreading Thanksgiving, Xmas eve, Xmas and left overs. My weight loss stalled may have even gained a pound but by new years I actually weighed less than before the holidays. Personally I don't have cheat meals. I actually enjoy eating fresh veggies, fish and chicken...every time I think about a cheat meal, like a nam flash back I get that ick feeling you get after greasy fast food meals that gives you that you're full but not satisfied. Like when I have a cup of lentil soup, Tilapia and a yam full and satisified, and thats pretty much ends that.

Now if I can just do the same thing with smoking.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    As much as possible, going for the protein first. There aren't too many free meals in my part of town, but if there is I'm there!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TGIFriday's Jack Daniels Chicken Sandwich with sweet potato fries and a Long Island Iced tea (or two). That'll set ya back about 2700 calories but OH, YUMMY!
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    BEERS! :drinker: Does that count cause I'd eat salad all day for a cold one!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TGIFriday's Jack Daniels Chicken Sandwich with sweet potato fries and a Long Island Iced tea (or two). That'll set ya back about 2700 calories but OH, YUMMY!

Ooh, or maybe Chinese, with a greasy eggroll with hot mustard, pork fried rice.....mmmmmm!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Five Guys Burgers & Fries: Double bacon cheeseburger with sauteed onions, sauteed mushroom, and mayo. Also a bogus amount of french fries.

I-HOP: Stack of pancakes with lots of butter and strawberry syrup. And an omelet

Pizza

Carne Asada Tacos

Chinese with crab ragoons

O.M.G! I can't wait until this Sunday for my free day. :bigsmile:
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    A really good burger and fries with several beer.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I don't have free meals. I feel terrible when I go over my calorie limit, so I always work it off. Sometimes I have big meals though. Normally I do something I really love at Bdubs.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Chic-friggin-Fil-A.

Spicy chicken sandwich, fries, and a sweet tea.

Mmmmmm.

This but replace sweet tea with chocolate milkshake...SOOO YUMMY! And it is Cow-approved :wink:

Ugh, they have the BEST milkshakes.

Shoot! They DO have the best milkshakes...and now I want one. Dang.