Could you have done it without MFP? Say thanks here!

Options

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I could not have done this without MFP! And let me explain what "This" is - Through MFP I've been able to slowly move from the "I'm starting my diet" to "change of lifestyle". I've always tried to call my diets a life style change but it's never really worked. Here at MFP I'm learning how to live my own life, with my own tastes and trends, in a healthy and constructive way. I mess up (last night sushi for example) but over all I'm on the right track and I'm not feeling like this is something I will "quit" because it's just a change.

Plus I've met amazing people here and I want to stick with them, while they're sticking with me!:bigsmile:
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    I LOVE MFP! I tell everyone of my friends and family who talk about trying to lose weight about it. I am happy that some of them have joined me.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Absolutely couldn't agree more! This is quickly becoming my favorite site and mainly because of the amazingly wonderful community. I've still got a ways to go but it's certainly helping me stay focused and stay aware of what I'm doing. Fist bump to MFP!!! So thank you and thank you all for being so great!:heart:
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks to Mike and Al and each and everyone of you :heart:
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Funny you should post this today. I was thinking the same thing as I was exercising this morning. The tools MFP provided are amazing, between the database, the website and the ipod/iphone application. If determined, you are really set up to succeed. I started last August thinking I only needed to lose 8lbs or so after gaining weight over the summer. Now I'm about to hit a 20 lb loss and am at a weight I really never thought I'd even try to reach, but as I kept to the program, I kept losing. Even better, exercise has become a daily routine and I know as long as I follow with the diary and exercise, I won't gain again.

My only worry is that I hope this tool is always here for us---if I had to I would pay to keep it!
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Only with the help of this site and the people on it have I really felt like I have changed my life. I an now the active, energetic, on-my-way-to-thin person that I've always thought of myself as. My habits have really changed and with it so has my future.
  • coold
    coold Posts: 85
    Options
    That is certainly true for me too! Before I started using this site I had slooooowly lost 5 lbs by using portion control. Now, I have at my fingertips (iPhone app) the tool to not only get the most out of portion control but to make the wisest possible choices when picking what I eat. Combined with exercise I have lost 24 lbs, 19 of those have been lost pretty quickly using MFP. Many thanks to the folks at MFP!!
    P.S
    For the first time in 19 years I am no longer "obese"!
    YAY!!!!!! you look great!!!! thanks for introducing me to this site!!! I, on the other hand, have been holding right at 1 pound a week and have gotten stuck!!! haha...gonna keep at it....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I honestly couldn't. I've learned so much from everybody on here and I know if it weren't for those specific people, I'd probably still be on a plateau or over extending myself or worse.
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Options
    MyFitnessPal has inspired, empowered, and motivated me to hold myself more accountable. This incredible community has become a place I look forward to visiting over the last eight weeks! I've shared and been there for others during some real struggles, triumphs, and moments over the last two months since starting on MFP and the genuine feeling of support and community is overwhelmingly positive! I'm down 10lbs and 10.75" and look forward to the day my personal banner shows my full weight loss. Thank you, MFP, for hosting this great site and thank you to the wonderful people I've met because this site exists!

(I'd be honored to let you post this as a testimonial if you needed one for your site.)
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    My goal is going to be a long journey, but MFP helps me take it day by day (literally), and trust me, I've tried just about every "diet" (a word no longer in my vocab). MFP gives me the tools to know I will reach my goal, and, more importantly sustain it. The best part is the support of everyone right here at my fingertips. I truly love this site and the people on it.
    :wink:
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I tried other dieting websites before this one and I can honestly say that without MFP I would NOT be where I am (41lbs lighter and running 5k three times a week!!!!).

Now that I've learned what I needed to I could continue without MFP but I am so glad I had this very integral learning experience.

Thank you Mike! You're my hero.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I certainly would not have made it this far for so long.
    90066 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks.
    This is the right tool for the job.
    What gets measured, gets improved.
    This makes the measuring possible.
    It will not happen any other way.
    I'm five pounds from my marathon running weight of 13 years ago, and I'm barely running at all.
    It's all from monitoring what I eat.
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This site is exactly what I needed.
    I love it.
    Thank you to those who made it and those who frequent it and make it wonderful.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Loving this site.... it has helped me sooooooo much.... THANKS MFP!!!!!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    MFP changed my life!! I could not have lost the weight without it! I sing its praises everyday!!

( Still waiting for MIKE to put me up on the home page as an MFP Success Story!)

Tami
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    Absolutely couldn't have done it without MFP. For 30 years I was the fat girl who could never be thin.....Now I've lost count of the number of strangers who have commented on how small I am. I still haven't gotten used to being a size 4 and still consider myself a work in progress, but I'm the healthiest I've been my entire life and can't thank MFP and it's members enough : )
  • marioz49
    marioz49 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This site has certainly made my life easier. Before I found it, I was making up my own weekly templates on word, printing them out and then handwriting in my daily menu. This just makes everything so easy. What I also like is that you add your exercise in at the beginning of the day which means that you have to do it!! Thanks so much MFP. I have recommended this site to my friends as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!