Night Snack

Options
I need some good night snacks that are low calories and fat. I'm always hungry at night. Or should I eat more calories during the day?

Replies

• LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    u should definatly eat more during the day, it is always better to go to bed a little bit hungry than to go to bed full.
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    u should definatly eat more during the day, it is always better to go to bed a little bit hungry than to go to bed full.

Thanks! yeah i figured that i need to eat more. i'm getting used to this calorie counting thing. guess i will over time
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    When I am feeling hungry in the evenings, I drink a decaffeinated lemon green tea or a night time tea. It fills me up where I am not hungry and Green Tea is so healthy. I do eat most all my calories during the day, so I would rather have a ZERO calorie tea then add calories.
  • hollymires
    hollymires Posts: 117
    Options
    I drink hot tea as well...and if I am really craving something salty...I make a cup pf broth! Works for me!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS have popcorn before bed.......I look forward to it and always put it in my calorie count so that I know i have enough saved up to have it at night.......It hasnt affected my weight loss.....Ive lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks. You can eat a whole bag of light popcorn and its only 124 calories.
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with that also. I work so late at night, alot of times when I get home I am a little hungry. If I go to bed that way, I can't sleep. Usually I will have a jello cup. Take's the edge off, and not fattening.
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a 100 calorie snack or fruit before bed...works for me.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Jello 60 cal chocolate pudding.
  • tameka1220
    Options
    When I am feeling hungry in the evenings, I drink a decaffeinated lemon green tea or a night time tea. It fills me up where I am not hungry and Green Tea is so healthy. I do eat most all my calories during the day, so I would rather have a ZERO calorie tea then add calories.

Can i add splenda to the tea? I luv this spearmint green tea they sell at my job!!! But i have to add splenda
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    100 calorie popcorn is my fave. Also have cup of greek yogurt with fruit 1/2 c of berries. Sometimes have a EAS carb control drink. Always eat at least hour before bedtime.:flowerforyou:
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I drink hot tea as well...and if I am really craving something salty...I make a cup pf broth! Works for me!

i'm loving the hot tea idea!! but what about splenda?
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I usually grab a 100 calorie snack or fruit before bed...works for me.

oh yeah the 100 calorie packs, gotta check the carbs on them
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I ALWAYS have popcorn before bed.......I look forward to it and always put it in my calorie count so that I know i have enough saved up to have it at night.......It hasnt affected my weight loss.....Ive lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks. You can eat a whole bag of light popcorn and its only 124 calories.

big bag of light popcorn??? cool!!!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    100 calorie popcorn is my fave. Also have cup of greek yogurt with fruit 1/2 c of berries. Sometimes have a EAS carb control drink. Always eat at least hour before bedtime.:flowerforyou:

eat before 1 hour before, really??? what are the benfits?
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Jello 60 cal chocolate pudding.

Oh yes!! chocolate pudding! and would cure my crave for chocolate! thanks!
  • NicoleAJordan
    NicoleAJordan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners and splenda spike your insulin levels by tricking your body into thinking you are about to consume something sweet. They then make you crave carbs. So...its best to use them in small amounts.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners and splenda spike your insulin levels by tricking your body into thinking you are about to consume something sweet. They then make you crave carbs. So...its best to use them in small amounts.

Try Stevia instead. It's at least a natural sweetener.

She's right, to an extent. There's a body of investigation thinking that some of the artificial sweetener issue is that we're fooling our body so we want more food and making us crave more sweets. But there is another problem mixed in her comment, too. Some sweeteners do mess with blood sugar levels, like aspartame. Splenda, Acesulfame K (potassium), stevia, and saccarin do not affect blood sugar.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I usually have a stick of cheese (string cheese or colby jack) or I have jello pudding cups or mouse pudding cups. Very tasty, and a bit of extra protein and dairy before bed.
  • tameka1220
    Options

small amounts? for example? and then if not splenda, then what can i use to sweeten it
  • tameka1220
    Options

Try Stevia instead. It's at least a natural sweetener.

She's right, to an extent. There's a body of investigation thinking that some of the artificial sweetener issue is that we're fooling our body so we want more food and making us crave more sweets. But there is another problem mixed in her comment, too. Some sweeteners do mess with blood sugar levels, like aspartame. Splenda, Acesulfame K (potassium), stevia, and saccarin do not affect blood sugar.

Ok thanks. So i can stick with my splenda? gotta control how much i use tho. for a large cup i can use 6-8 packs. i like it sweet