When it comes to...

Options
...calorie count, what is a safe number to be over or under. One day I was under almost 500 calories, because I was sick. Some days its like 100 or a little less. There are times when I am way over. How far, either way, should I be based on my calorie count? Please help.... :)

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Just try to come as close as you can and average it out over the week. If you go 500 over one day, you could try to be a bit under the rest of the days to make up for it.

I personally don't worry if I go up to 200 calories over. I'm never more that 50 under LOL. I keep my goal at 1200 net and usually end up averaging 1300 to 1350 net a day. But if I upped my calories, I'd still be going over - its just my nature.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I think being consistantly low or high, by more than 100, could be bad if your week doesn't average out. If by the end of the week you are pretty close to your weekly goal, I'd say you're doing pretty well.
  • stillfine2013
    stillfine2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you Omma to 3!! Here I am thinking, OH Lordy!! I better burn those calories off. Then I think about how I used to eat and one meal could eat up my calorie count. So to be under what I used to eat on my lunch is a blessing....
  • stillfine2013
    stillfine2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think being consistantly low or high, by more than 100, could be bad if your week doesn't average out. If by the end of the week you are pretty close to your weekly goal, I'd say you're doing pretty well.

Thanks. I will look at that now that I know that I will be mindful.