Liquid Diet +Exercise etc.

Options
Hello everyone, I'm Chelsea. I just started a liquid diet last week and I'm excited because I've lost 10 lbs in 7 days. However, this is the hardest thing I've ever done. I want to know if anyone else has done this before and how did it work out for you?

On my liquid diet I consume over 80 ounces of water a day and 3 Lean Shakes(180 calories each (GNC)) throughout the day, no specific times.
On days when I feel really hungry I have plain yogurt mixed with my Lean Shake or Strawberry Whey Protein.

I want to know if exercising on this liquid for at, least 30 minutes a day really speeds of the process.
I want to try it out but I don't want to feel extremely tired or drained. Has anyone ever exercised on a liquid?
& what other kinds of smoothies and liquid do you consume on a liquid diet?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Well. This sounds like a bad idea.

Eat food, honey.
  • brendddda
    Options
    This is not healthy or sustainable. You should be eating at least your BMR, no less than 1200 calories a day.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I hope you're kidding.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    You need to go speak to a doctor. What you are doing is extremely dangerous and will harm your body.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • cantybaby
    Options
    Ru for real, how long can u keep up a liquid diet.Stop being silly and strenghtrain do some cardio ok
  • ChelsBoss11
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback guys. I am going to see my doctor next week actually and we will discuss less harmful ways to lose weight effectively although I am very aware of what I'm doing. I am considering doing two meal replacements and one lean healthy dinner per day.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I hope you're kidding.

This. Not good.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Are you saying you are consuming only 500 to 700 calories per day? I'd be bonkers by now. It's totally unhealhty. When doctors put extremely obese people on liquid diets it is under careful supervision and constant monitoring. You could really harm your body with this extreme choice of doing it on your own.

Wonderful that you are excited to weigh so many pounds less in a week but you gotta understand that is nearly ALL water weight, a little fat loss and probably includes some lean body mass (that muscles and internal organs) gone.

I'd advise you to do some reading on MFP about the healthy way to lose body fat, then form a plan and start the hard slow work that is necessary. Your body needs fuel to work....if you don't give it fuel it will break down. Exercising on your liquid regimen is pretty risky.

Please take good care of yourself.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    having a slim fast every once in awhile is ok but not like youre doing.
  • ChelsBoss11
    Options
    Are you saying you are consuming only 500 to 700 calories per day? I'd be bonkers by now. It's totally unhealhty. When doctors put extremely obese people on liquid diets it is under careful supervision and constant monitoring. You could really harm your body with this extreme choice of doing it on your own.

Wonderful that you are excited to weigh so many pounds less in a week but you gotta understand that is nearly ALL water weight, a little fat loss and probably includes some lean body mass (that muscles and internal organs) gone.

I'd advise you to do some reading on MFP about the healthy way to lose body fat, then form a plan and start the hard slow work that is necessary. Your body needs fuel to work....if you don't give it fuel it will break down. Exercising on your liquid regimen is pretty risky.

Please take good care of yourself.

Thank you Ani. I will check that out.
  • ChelsBoss11
    Options
    This is not a long-term diet, or my lifestyle diet plan. FYI.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options

Then, to be blunt and honest, it's not going to work. Period. You might see a temporary loss, but it will all come back if it is not a sustainable plan. Please eat regularly until you speak to your doctor.
  • ChelsBoss11
    Options

Then, to be blunt and honest, it's not going to work. Period. You might see a temporary loss, but it will all come back if it is not a sustainable plan. Please eat regularly until you speak to your doctor.

Yeah I hear that a lot but I've done this before but not this extreme. I have a great transition plan that allows me to keep it off.
    But I definitely understand what you're saying. I'm probably going to incorporate that meal.