Almonds

Options
I've never been a fan of almonds. Until last week. Low and behold, I had a handful of Blue Diamond Salt and Vinegar almonds. Let's just say, I have gone through 3 cans in a week.

Besides all the antioxidants it has, what is your favorite way, or flavor to have an almond?

Replies

• kabertrand63
    kabertrand63 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate (powdered) Almonds - YUMMY!
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I really like the rosemary and black pepper ones and the smokehouse ones
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate cocoa roasted almonds r bomb
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    i am so confused about almonds. I love them and I always here you should eat them but I ALWAYS go over my fat allowance when I eat them. I only have 10! Do you all have any trouble with the fat content?
  • handley1234
    handley1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The wasabi soy ones are really good. :-)
  • gadget4455
    gadget4455 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Definitely Smokehouse
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    i am so confused about almonds. I love them and I always here you should eat them but I ALWAYS go over my fat allowance when I eat them. I only have 10! Do you all have any trouble with the fat content?

its GOOD fat! just like in avocados... that the fat you want
  • Nah113
    Nah113 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love them almost any way. Raw is my fave. Anything covered in chocolate is excellent!:smile:
    :smile:
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    i :heart: aldi oven roasted
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Tamari! Damn those things are addictive.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Don't forget vitamin E!

I like them as snacks and on salads.
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I make a bit of a trail mix snack with them. Raw almonds, Craisins, and a few mini chocolate chips if I have them. I rarely have any almonds besides raw on hand.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the fats in almonds. They are the good fats, just like olives and avocado. One serving of the BD's are 28 and 179 calories. I can take that!

Where do you find chocolate dusted almonds?
  • kabertrand63
    Options
    I was making raw almond, raw cashew and dark M&M mixture for my snacks and every time I eat it, I go over calories and everything else. But, they are healthy, so I don't care so much. I exercise too...my justification. :wink:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Raw, plain and by the quarter cup. My go-to snack.
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sahale makes a Tuscan almond - think Italian spices and parmesan. Holy crap are those tasty. It's a good thing I haven't been able to find them in the store for a while!
  • kabertrand63
    Options
    I don't care about the fats in almonds. They are the good fats, just like olives and avocado. One serving of the BD's are 28 and 179 calories. I can take that!

Where do you find chocolate dusted almonds?

Just about any grocery store carries them as well as Target. OMG, they are SO good. Emerald has those.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Raw. Never roasted. I don't care about the fat, but the calories are another matter. Try to fit them in as often as I can.
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    I am a big fan of almonds I eat them in a regular basis but I did not ate like in three days and I lost a pound , I read more and then I researched and Found out they are not good fr the ones who are trying to lose weight
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Why does MFP have such a low fat allowance? I have always been ok with good fats. I just can't stay under the amount they suggest.