Hairy Dieters recipes.... Any good?

Options
13»

Replies

• shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My fav is the sweet n sour chicken, mmmmmm as I am missing my chinese takeaways, Plus the tuna sweetcorn pasta lunch is so easy to make and blooming gorgous. My Hubby is loving the recipes so far. He is attempting to make the Chicken Korma today. Fingers crossed lol x
  • kimmyfrancis
    Options
    The book people online have it for £4.99 plus pp. Its a great book....ive enjoyed loads of recipies out of it. Give it a go!!!!!
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have the book! If you want a recipe, I could copy it for you? DM me
  • clairemid
    Options
    They are amazing!! I don't really cook anything else anymore - everything is there is so nice, that's all we really cook these days. The jambalaya is gorgeous.
  • addo88
    Options
    My mam has made quite a few of the recipes and every single one was gorgeous! So far have had cottage pie, paprika chicken, chicken korma, coconut prawn curry, beef and ale casserole, fish stew, and lamb tagine. Some of the recipes do require quite a lot of time and effort, but are totally worth it! For a speedy dinner do the coconut prawn curry, takes about 15 mins to prepare and cook and it's amazing! xxxx
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I made a version of their cassoulet in the crock pot this weekend (didn't brown anything, just chucked it in). It made a lot, and when I put the ingredients I used in the recipe maker here, it was only 350 calories for a generous bowlful (probably because of the low fat turkey sausage I used, plus I had chicken breasts on hand so used them instead of thighs).

I loved it!
  • jrober
    jrober Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Go for it, tried quite a few of their recipes, very tasty.

Inspiration seeing two large chaps shedding 6 stones between them.
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can like them on facebook too, some of the recipes are there. I love the ones I've tried though I dont eat meat so I had to adapt some of them.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Amazing! their paella is to die for... Easy cook chicken is yummy... the salmon with chilli and ginger is quality... I could go on and on...!!!:drinker:
  • Paulinefrew69
    Paulinefrew69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My Husband and I are using these receipes and have enjoyed every one so fara big batch at the weekend and then slip into the freezer in appropriate portions. Takes the guess work out of calories and because it is already made and just needs heating up there is less chance of the "cannt be bothered cooking, just get a take away".

Great book well worth the money.
  • mandajane39
    mandajane39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Totally fab! Tried loads and our favourite is the Paprika Chicken which the kids love too!:smile:
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i like the one's i've tried.
    Their lasanga with leek as the pasta sheets was very good.

Don't quite agree with their dieting approach on the tv series. But you can't knock the recipe's.
  • meesh045
    meesh045 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I bought the book through Amazon and have to say that it is fantastic. The only thing I would say is that the calories that their recipes tell you come up differently in the recipe calculator on here. The recipes are fantastic and also family pleasers so no need to cook separate meals. I would most definitely recommend :-)
  • suewestcountry
    suewestcountry Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I made the paprika chicken it is so tasty
  • sharonhowell57
    sharonhowell57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yeah my mum bought me a copy last year and its brilliant. we love the bread pasties and pizza dough pies and the cup cakes are good we enjoyed the casserole and the skinny lasagna but i found it messy to serve. if you still haven't got a copy of the book which (i'd thoroughly recommend and well worth the money) you can get the recipes that they do in the series on the bbc web site ok hope this helps
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Was bought this book for Christmas and not yet tried the receipies, i know a couple of people who also have the book and have tried some of them and seemed impressed with them.
    Always worth looking in Asda/Sainsburys/Amazon, normally the cheapest options.
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I own the book, would be happy to copy out recipes etc for anyone interest. I've Cooke over half the recipes in it and I'm loving them! You can message me it you want any recipes