Need some help

Options
Hello all. I have been on this site for a while and I am seeing a lot of results. I have lost 7 pounds and inches from all over. I am very happy with the results and am working out as much as I can.

I have a question about how to tone the area underneath my belly button. I have a little pouch under my belly button and I would like to be able to tone it down. Any suggestions? I am doing cardio and I am almost happy with my size, I don't want to lose too many inches from my stomach, I just want to tone it up.

Replies

• Lanes
    Lanes Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello all. I have been on this site for a while and I am seeing a lot of results. I have lost 7 pounds and inches from all over. I am very happy with the results and am working out as much as I can.

I have a question about how to tone the area underneath my belly button. I have a little pouch under my belly button and I would like to be able to tone it down. Any suggestions? I am doing cardio and I am almost happy with my size, I don't want to lose too many inches from my stomach, I just want to tone it up.
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Great job!

Your lower obliques are harder to do so will require consistent work. To really engage them I like to do leg raises (do not touch the floor), the bicycle, crunches with the legs out longer or bent out to the side to elongate the lower ab.
    You can even add resistance by holding a weight over your abs while you crunch. Make sure to keep your chin up and awy from your chest.
    Sitting up, tuck your knees in then extend them out full length.
    Try the plank!!! On your hands or elbows, body extended full length behind (keep your bum down or it will seem easy which it is not) Hold this position for a slong as you can (don't hold breath). Try to incirease the length each time. You can also alternate tucking your knees to your chest while in this position. If too difficult start on your knees (bum straight) and move up.
    The side plank is also great. On your side put one foot on top of the bottom and on your elbow or hand lift your hips up to make your body full length in a straigh line.
    So many more ideas to try.

Hmm I feel like working out now.
  • Lanes
    Lanes Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you so much for your suggestions, I will try them for sure.
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Have u had children If you don't mind me asking?
    That area may never be totally back to normal without surgery sorry to say. It stretches too much with each child. A friend of mine lost weight and did many exercises but still had a pouch. She had 3 kids.
    Its the curse of motherhood.
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Try the plank!!! On your hands or elbows, body extended full length behind (keep your bum down or it will seem easy which it is not) Hold this position for a slong as you can (don't hold breath). Try to incirease the length each time. You can also alternate tucking your knees to your chest while in this position. If too difficult start on your knees (bum straight) and move up.
    The side plank is also great. On your side put one foot on top of the bottom and on your elbow or hand lift your hips up to make your body full length in a straigh line.
    So many more ideas to try.

I have had 3 kids---I do plank and side plank three times a week, crunches with leg extensions twice a week. Both of these have helped me. THe plank really strenthens the inner core and will pull in the abs! My lower abs aren't "6 pack" but I feel comfortable in my bikini! LOVE THE SKIN YOU'RE IN!