What is the best heart reat monitor???

Options
GiGi76
GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
Ok i got a question for everyone..... Im about to purchase a heart rate monitor and i would like to know what everyone uses and if they like it or what they dont like about it, and which brand you think is the best!!! Im not sure what i want to get yet but im leaning towards the polar f6.... any info you all could share would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Gina

ps psted this late last night and didnt get many answers..... so im reposting it!!! :happy:

Replies

• casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just bout a MIO drive. They're about a hundred bucks (or more) in stores, but I got mine from amazon.com for $55.00. It has interval, timing, calorie burning features, as well as a 3500 cal countdown to show you when you have lost a full pound. Im glad I bought it, and recommend it to everyone.
    Good luck!
  • athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Someone else asked this question the other day. You may want to look at their responses: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/95968-what-kind-of-hrm-do-you-have I responded as follows:

I had a Suunto T3c for several years and loved it. I just replaced it with a Suunto T6c a couple of weeks ago and am loving the T6c even more.

I looked at Polar brand to replace my old Suunto, but didn't like the fact that you can't replace the battery yourself in Polar HRMs (who's got time to send it off and wait?) and I seem to recall being told that you can't swim in it, though that may have been the Garmin. I can accept it not measuring my HR while swimming (my Suunto doesn't do that, either), but I really need to be able to wear it while swimming.

I bought both Suunto HRMs from Amazon and strongly recommend them. I've been very happy with their durability and performance.

Good luck. The Polar brand HRMs seem to be very popular and to work for many people. I have no experience with them and they weren't a good fit for my situation. YMMV.
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar F6 one! It is the only one I have ever used (this is my 1st one) and so far it's a great tool!
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options
    I hear Polar is the best but I am a nike girl so I have 2 of those and never had problems with them.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I looked at Polar brand to replace my old Suunto, but didn't like the fact that you can't replace the battery yourself in Polar HRMs (who's got time to send it off and wait?) and I seem to recall being told that you can't swim in it, though that may have been the Garmin. I can accept it not measuring my HR while swimming (my Suunto doesn't do that, either), but I really need to be able to wear it while swimming.

Some newer Polar models do have user-replaceable batteries. And Polar HRM's can most certainly be used for swimming. You just need to make sure you have the T31C transmitter. I swim with mine four nights a week!

I'm loving my Polar FT60. See the link in my signature below if you want to read my full review.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am itching for one as well!!! :blushing:
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    This is a silly response BUT;

The best HRM is the one that fits your budget AND comes with a chest strap. :D
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

Some newer Polar models do have user-replaceable batteries. And Polar HRM's can most certainly be used for swimming. You just need to make sure you have the T31C transmitter. I swim with mine four nights a week!

I'm loving my Polar FT60. See the link in my signature below if you want to read my full review.

I also have the Polar FT60 with GPS. I love it for all my workouts: Running, weights, yoga, cycling, aerobics, wii fit... It is on the high end with the fancy programs. I liked having the "personal coach" help guide me to my goals since I was clueless without it.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the info i think i will go with a polar just not sure which one yet!!!! :happy: