Replies

• smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    me too. i hate myself sometimes.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You have to break through whatever mental barrier is holding you back and just start moving. Tell yourself you're going to go for a 5 minute walk because that's easy, and who doesn't have 5 minutes to spare for a quick walk!? A body in motion stays in motion, so just get moving! And little by little, day by day, you'll find yourself moving more and more. Then you won't be saying, "I'm going to do it", you won't even have to think about it, it'll just happen.
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Try taking a dance class or zumba or some other class -- especially one you have to pay for in advance. Then you have to go becuaes you already paid for it and, if you are like me, going to that class will inspire you to exercise outside of class. Another way -- make a work-out date with a friend. if they are expecting you then you have to show up or give them a reason why and you know the reason is probably lame so you have to do it!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Then you just don't want it bad enough..

No one and nothing can motivate you if you don't have the intense desire to change.

Baby steps to start,,,

Like bob and jillian say.. if you are watching TV all night, get up during the commercials and do some jumping jacks...

Do anything through the day to make yourself move more. It doesnt have to be a cardio class or weights session.

Choose a farther away bathroom at work to make yourself walk more, climb the stairs at the mall instead of taking an escalator., get off the bus 2 stops early and walk the rest of the way... Once you start leading a more active life it will be easier to make a few more baby steps into more serious workouts throughout the week...

You have to make it a habit.. Schedule it in your phone as a reminder, do whatever it takes to just move a little more throughout the day on a regular basis and it will become part of your new healthier lifestyle..
  • tinawill2010
    Options
    I have to say I agree with you, I do want it but I must not want it bad enough, I am going to start with baby steps NOW!!! Thanks so much for the encouragement!!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    GET DOWN AND GIVE ME 50!!!

jk :)

but seriously, I went through the responses really fast but I saw some stuff about creating new habits. That's really all it is. Absolutely force yourself to work out every other day (or whatever you decide) for 2 weeks. Make it a promise to yourself you'll get through the 2 weeks no matter what, no excuses. After that, it will become routine (especially if you do it at the same time each day). I started out with the 30 Day Shred. I promised myself I would do it for 30 days, and I did, and 8 months later I pout on my rest days! :)
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    One trick I've used to get going is to put on all my workout clothes when I wake up. Then at some point I get my wrist watch on. Then put my hair up. Then at some point shoes go on. Then I force myself to get up and go toward the front door or wherever I'm going to work out in the house without giving myself time to think do I want to, should I wait an hour, blah blah.

The only thing I make sure of is that I had something to eat within the past three hours or so and I make sure to wait a bit to let it settle. Other than that, no excuses.

I have actually SLEPT in my workout clothes!!! Then when I wake up, I had no choice but to put on my tennis shoes and push play on the DVD player.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You really have to challenge yourself! Try to find some friends to workout with you, set a short term and long term goal and just push yourself! I like having programs to follow (like C25K) and I use www.freetrainers.com to set up a monthly schedule of workouts for me. Like one person says, it takes a month to form a habit. Tell yourself you will go to the gym 4-5 times a week for one month, and see what happens! Good luck!
  • SABollman
    SABollman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did not realize that. 21 days. Maybe I can do that. I would love to get to a point that it is just part of my daily routine.
  • SABollman
    SABollman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Now that is a good Idea! (sleeping in the exercise clothes) :smile: