Waking up STARVING - best snacks for night?

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    When I am hungry after dinner, I have a whole grain cracker (the big flatbread kind) with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a drizzle of agave nectar or honey.

That keeps me full and I love the sweet/salty combination of flavors.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Well, on that calorie limit I can't personally comment, but own system is to have a protein milkshake made from Casein protein, literally less than an hour before I go to bed. It's a slow-digesting protein, so it's good for you and tastes of whatever flavour you like to order. Just mix with milk and have a nice milkshake before bed. :) Keeps me full through the whole night.

Of course, as I said, I'm not sure on your own calorie allowance for the snack you'd like to have, but mine comes out at 282 calories, with the milk included.

This! :)
  • slamb1020
    slamb1020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek has these little guys out now caleld "chobani bite" and the flavors are amazing! carmel pineapple, coffee chocolate, or chocolate rasberry. 13 carbs and 9 grams of protien and a light string cheese! holds me over
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I tend to not eat anything until about 1pm or 2pm - I like to save my calories for the latter half of the day. Even if I eat breakfast, I will still get hungry at 1 or 2pm, then again at 5pm, then again at 8pm or 9pm when I usually have dinner. Anything before 1pm or 2pm will mean less deliciousness when I want to stuff my face in the evening.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i always have a casein shake right before bed. I plan it so i have to eat a meal basically right before i get into bed (because i was waking up hungry). i like to do some peanut butter too, fat seems to help. i have a whey protien shake if i wake up and its bad.

cottage cheese is supposed to be good if you don't want to pay for the casein