new to MFP...

Options
new here, lost 30 pounds last year writing my caloric intake down, then a friend told me about MFP. Dang what an awesome app and site! Specific details, now i'm pumped!!!

Replies

• hattonrw
    hattonrw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I had always 'estimated' calories and it just never worked... I mean, how do you estimate a home-made meal when the cook (my wife... I don't cook) creates a meal but you have no clue what's in it in any detail?
    Using this site is great because the database has LOTS of stuff and I use many of their database entries for calorie estimates and so far it's worked pretty well. I also like the fact that you can hit up the database on the APP when you go out to eat - and LOTS of chain restaurant food is in there.
    Anyway... I've used the database to choose my meals during the day, and limit snacks. Never realized how BAD cookies are! :frown:
    Good luck!!
  • dragunfly
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I log in everyday and have been very committed to losing the weight and keeping it off this time around!! I give as much encouragement as I possibly can with 4 kids!!! I enjoy positive quotes and I love posting them! So if you can handle that I am 100% there!