Gift idea for my Mom?

Options
My Mom has just today visited the gym. She's been a member for THREE YEARS but better late than never! Anyway, she not only went but she met with and signed up for 12 sessions w/ a private trainer. WOW!!!! I cannot express how proud I am and happy for her. She's 59, a little bit fluffy (as was I), and Type II Diabetic, so this could change her life....like completely.

Anyway, I'd like to get her something that she may need for the gym but I have NO idea what that might be. Anything you all use that you find to be extremely helpful? Thanks in Advance, Jess

Replies

• caribear1984
    Options
    Maybe get her a nice gym bag and a cute water bottle? I have a suitcase-type bag with wheels and I love it. And a nice water bottle is a must. It's so nice of you to want to get your mom something!
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A agree with above - a gym bag with a water bottle would be nice :) You could also get her a little towel and some plug in headphones? I know at our gym it was a requirement that everyone use a towel when using the equipment so it was nice for anyone else who used it, and the treadmills and bikes had little tvs and audio jacks to plug into :)
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Take her out and get her good shoes!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Along with the gym bag and water bottle, include a gym towel embroidered with a motivational saying!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    A cute towel with her monogram on it.
  • J_sparkle
    J_sparkle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone! I have a MUCH better idea what I'm going to do: bag, earphones, bottle and towel (I just don't think she'll wear a HRM....hopefully that will change once she gets into a workout groove, tho). J