Hi any Harley riders here?

Options
Nothing worse than being at a stoplight on a bike with cars all around you and being overweight! LOL!
Hopefully I'll be taking care of that in 2012!

I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I found the myfitnesspal ap on it so here I am

I have been going to Weight Watchers too and my WW pal got a Kindle for Christmas too so she joined too.
I am going to use this ap in conjunction with WW.

My New years Resolution is to get serious with losing this weight I have packed on over the years.

Looking forward to making some new friends and learning how to make a lifestyle change because I have discovered diets don't work I have tried them all. I now know you have to change the way you think. Hopefully with this program I can.

Cheers!
--jim--

Replies

• paramedicsarah
    Options
    Hi Jim! I'd love a Harley one day! I have a Triumph Thunderbird at the moment and I also ride a BMW RT1200 at work. Add me if you want a biker friend... :happy:
  • shannonewallace
    shannonewallace Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't ride a Harley, but I do ride a motorcycle! I currently have a Suzuki TU250. I'm hoping next season I can upgrade to something around a 600cc. Im going to have to sell the 250, even though it's hard since it's my first bike, lots of connection to it.

295xrfq.jpg

I know what you mean: "Nothing worse than being at a stoplight on a bike with cars all around you and being overweight!". I took the motorcycle safety course, and never really understood when they said you should be a "fit" rider until I started losing weight and noticed the difference it made in my riding, and my confidence. I feel like I look pretty good now suiting up and heading out there, and it's much easier to handle the bike!

Good luck in your journey, and have as much fun with it as you do on your motorcycle journeys, it just keeps getting better :)
  • jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey yall took me a while to reply hadn't been online for a while. I love riding I even ride when it's cold but not lately been TOO cold! LOL!

I knew I had to lose weight when I wore out a brand new back tire in 8 months I couldn't believe the new tire I bought was going bald already and the dealer told me what happened. It seems I weigh enough for 2 (small) people and when you ride two up you are supposed to put extra air in the tire so that's what happened!

Pretty embarrassing!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have a Harley, it's a 2010 Street Bob. She's my baby :)
  • LauraJeanG
    LauraJeanG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a Harley rider - '09 Custom Sportster 1200, with Vance&Hines pipes :-) Next stop? Custom paint. Nice to see some other riders on here!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm a Harley rider - '09 Custom Sportster 1200, with Vance&Hines pipes :-) Next stop? Custom paint. Nice to see some other riders on here!

Nice! I'm looking at the V&H Radius pipes myself. I just got an autotuner and now my bike is Fuuuun! ;)
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I don't ride a Harley but I ride motorcycles. Nowadays I ride mostly on the race track. I think I will sell my street bike.
  • danlarson
    Options
    Road King rider here.
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a Street Glide. I ride as much as I can. To, from work. Taking off to Florida next week. I'm a lady rider. Riding is my main stress relief.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I ADORE HARLEYS!
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    1997 FAT BOY......but i dont have it anymore! :sad:
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Not a HD rider, but I ride. 2011 Kawasaki Concours. 17000 miles last year, hopefully more this year!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Harley's only? I'm out of luck, I ride a Yamaha.
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    '06 Soft Tail :-)
  • NEGU0128
    Options
    I ride on the back of my husband's 2012 Road Glide Ultra. He had a 2007 Road King before that.

I have my endorsement, but I don't ride myself. I have too many hand and arms issues to control the throttle and the clutch. :'(
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Triumph Daytona rider here, always happy to be friends with bikers!
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I ride a 2009 Deluxe. I bought it as a 50th birthday present for myself! My hubby rides a Heritage.
  • Redhot98
    Redhot98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We had a Harley, it was our first baby. Now we have a Victory Vision, have had it since 2009. We love riding, it is our stress relief too. Unfortunately we have a short season here. :sad:
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Not a harley but i ride a vulcan.

and here is my bike on my bike

BikeonBike2-1.jpg
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm not a H-D driver but I am a H-D rider. I ride my hubby's bike with him. 2012 Blackline Softail FXS. Flat black paint & thunderheaders. Very pretty bike. I love riding with him. That's one reason I want to lose weight. I want to look HOT on the back of his bike. :smile: