stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    One cup greek yogurt
    half cup grated parmesan
    teaspoon seasoned salt
    teaspoon garlic powder
    teaspoon onion powder
    half teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Mix together, spread over four chicken breasts, bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Chicken Cacciatore, chicken parmesan, chicken sauteed with veggies, chicken fajita bowl (I make that with brown rice instead of tortillas, low fat cheese and low fat sour cream, I add corn and black beans, my kid even likes it). Bake it, saute it, stir fry it, broil it, slow cook it. Take your favorite recipes and learn how to lighten it up or make it healthier.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    One cup greek yogurt
    half cup grated parmesan
    teaspoon seasoned salt
    teaspoon garlic powder
    teaspoon onion powder
    half teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Mix together, spread over four chicken breasts, bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.

I'm going to have to try that.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Chicken sashimi?

Chickenbreastsickle?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Chicken sashimi?

Chickenbreastsickle?

Dunno if you were cracking wise there, but chicken sashimi is a thing. Eating undercooked to raw chicken is not uncommon in Japan
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I bake 'em. I'll usually cut them in half or thirds so all the pieces are about the same size then throw them in some sort of marinade over night. Dump all that in a foil-lined baking dish, heat the oven to 400 and bake for about 20 minutes.
  • lizlkbg
    Options
    Chicken sashimi?

Chickenbreastsickle?

Dunno if you were cracking wise there, but chicken sashimi is a thing. Eating undercooked to raw chicken is not uncommon in Japan

I was totally unserious!!!
    Isn't there a serious risk of salmonella with that?
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I buy skinless boneless chicken and look up healthy recipes for crock pot chicken - I LOVE cooking in the crockpot! The chicken gets so moist that you can either leave it as a breast or shred it up - depending on what the recipe calls for. but it is wonderful!!

I do the same as Kbodnaruk above and believe it or not....I live in the Midwest?! lol :wink: :smile:
  • SylentZee
    Options
    Get out the George Foreman grill !

Super quick and easy.
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    Did someone mention breasts?

Oh chicken breasts ...

Chop 'em up, bung in a wok, chuck in veggies, a bit of seasoning ... lovely :tongue:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I live in midwest and it is too dang cold to grill chicken breasts right now. I need some other ideas!

I love adding red and green bell peppers and onions in a stir fry. Just a drip of coconut oil to cook it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Get out the George Foreman grill !

Super quick and easy.

We've had one of these since they came out. Can't tell you how amazing it is. We can slap things on frozen and it cooks perfectly. And EXCELLENT for fish.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Chicken sashimi?

Chickenbreastsickle?

Check out Torisashi. This is from some random web page (so clearly it's 100% truth):

"... in 2007, there were only 3,600 reported cases of salmonella poisoning in Japan. Considering that almost all of Japan's 127 million residents consume raw or "undercooked" chicken products on a frequent basis, that's a damn small number. Raw eggs are even an option at Yoshinoya, a highly popular Japanese fast food chain."

http://www.facingtherisingsun.com/japan-travel-tips-eating/raw-chicken-sashimi-torisashi-toriwasa
  • brentcausey
    brentcausey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in Louisiana and it's 60 degrees outside, but it's hard to fire up the grill every evening. I took 10 chicken breasts and grilled them all on Monday. I took my food saver vacuum sealer and sealed 2 chicken breasts per bag so I have already cooked chicken the rest of the week. I can cut it up and throw it in a salad, or I can just wrap it in a paper towel and heat it up in the microwave. I'm always busy, and this was my solution to avoid fast food. I can even bring them to work and leave them in the fridge.
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Shake and bake or bread crumbs....little milk, maybe an egg, wet them and roll them and bake them.

chicken tacos

chicken quesadillas

george foreman, then low cal bun and lettuce

in casserole with noodles and campbell's cheddar cheese soup in a can, maybe throw in some peas (YUM)
  • Smoothroz
    Smoothroz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try baking in the oven with different low fat/low calorie marinades. Also lemon pepper seasoning is great on chicken breast. That's how I'm preparing my meal for today.
  • lizlkbg
    Options
    Chicken sashimi?

Chickenbreastsickle?

Check out Torisashi. This is from some random web page (so clearly it's 100% truth):

"... in 2007, there were only 3,600 reported cases of salmonella poisoning in Japan. Considering that almost all of Japan's 127 million residents consume raw or "undercooked" chicken products on a frequent basis, that's a damn small number. Raw eggs are even an option at Yoshinoya, a highly popular Japanese fast food chain."

http://www.facingtherisingsun.com/japan-travel-tips-eating/raw-chicken-sashimi-torisashi-toriwasa

Must have to do with how the chickens are raised and processed - interesting!
    Okay, de-hijacking now, and sorry!!
  • meeemy
    meeemy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tikka Massala is a great chicken dish
    I could eat it every day :D
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/chicken-tikka-masala
  • runningfataway
    Options
    I get frozen chicken breasts, and put tons and tons of spices on them. I pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes and it comes out so delicious and tender... oweee
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    We eat a lot of Chicken. Cut the breast open, stuff it full of mushrooms, tomato, capsicum, zucchini, herbs and spices...cheese..

Omg salivating.....