Replies

• Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ditto the PB2
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    They're good calories assuming you're using natural peanut butter...just cut the quantity to one tablespoon per sitting rather than two
  • heaterrr
    heaterrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter but now have found a love for PB2.
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The correct answer is, there's no alternative to peanut butter. It's the best thing EVER.

Although I just ate an apple with some Gouda, so that might be a close runner up.

BACON is the best thing ever. :)
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Only using 1 tbsp will cut out about 100 calories.
    yeah, but then your ptions would be runny natural stuff or straight commercial stuff as anything in between wouldn't spread. And then if you didn't use high calorie whole grain bread it would probably crumble when you tried to spread it anyway...

What? I am so confused what this post is saying....sorry off topic...
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    PB2, or trader joe's has a version that's already mixed up called 'better than peanut butter'
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Honey with cinnamon and a bit of protein powder or pb2 power mixed together. Dip the apple in it :)
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    pb2 - very good!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.......................................
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I don't get the PB2 thing (added sugar). I would just stick with a natural peanut butter.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Isn't it really the total calories that you have chosen to eat throughout the day and your exercise program that matters?

I am a big fan of eating food that you love, in balance and proper portion control. I switched over to Almond butter a while ago. Better fats, proteins, slightly less calls. I love it and eat it every day as part of me Semi-paleo diet (tons of fruit and veggies, limited dairy, almost no grains, I still eat legumes and haven't met a protein I didn't like yet!)

If you are eating an apple with a little peanut butter as a snack, can certainly think of much worse things that you could do for your fitness goals.

What does the REST of your diet and exercise look like? Seems rather unfair to pick on peanut butter, out of context. It is the TOTAL picture that counts, right?

Good luck!
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    have you tried peanut butter powder ?
  • VelaPulsar
    Options
    If you love it, don't change it. Natural PB all the way.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The correct answer is, there's no alternative to peanut butter. It's the best thing EVER.

Although I just ate an apple with some Gouda, so that might be a close runner up.

BACON is the best thing ever. :)

Can't argue with that. Maybe BACON wrapped Peanut Butter? Just sayin'...
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I am NOT down with the peanut butter powder or alternatives. Now I do purchase freshly ground almond & peanut butter at my local Winco. Lovely taste, less sugar and an awesome snack!

If you can tolerate the powered peanut butter substitutes, than go for it, but personally it was not for me!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Agreed! A little bit of peanut butter is good for you. Just try using less
    Only using 1 tbsp will cut out about 100 calories.
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have a Trader Joe's in your area but they have Better N Peanut Butter for 100 calories for 2 tbsp. It's still made from peanuts and it tastes sooooo good!!! Maybe if you don't have a TJ's you can google it to see if they sell it elsewhere in your area.
  • missability
    Options
    I use "Just Great Stuff" Powdered peanut butter....Yep I said powdered. It comes in a jar, just like and about the size of a small jar of JIF. I put 2 TBS in a tiny little bowl, sometimes I just use a coffee cup, then I add dribbles, probably about 1 TBS water, and just keep stirring with a fork until it's smooth....if you want it thinner use a little more water, thicker? a little less water.
    It has 85% less fat than reg peanut butter. 1.5 grams of total fat, and only 5 g carb. and 4 g. protein. it is just powdered peanuts, coconut sugar, and sea salt.
    Here is where I buy it. a great website! and no matter how much or how little stuff you buy from the site shipping is a flat 4.95, and shipping is free with an order over $49.00. They sell it on Amazon but it's more money. Also I have seen it in Wholefoods. But I order off this site every month, so I take advantage of the free shipping. Here's the link

http://www.vitacost.com/betty-lous-just-great-stuff-powdered-peanut-butter-organic-6-43-oz-1

Hope that helped :) Beth Ann
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

This ^^ Peanut butter is one of the things that make life worth living.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is my recipe to cut calories, up protein and still enjoy peanut butter.

•Take one 5.3-ounce container of nonfat Oikos Greek Vanilla yogurt.
    •Mix in two tbsp. peanut butter (I prefer crunchy), 1/2 tbsp. honey, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
    •Serve with slices of apple, banana, and pear. Store unused portion in the fridge.

Makes four, two-tbsp. servings. Each serving contains 66 calories, 3.75 grams of fat, .5 grams of saturated fat, .75 grams of fiber, and 5.5 grams of protein.