A Video You Won't Regret Watching. Very Inspirational!

Options

Replies

• srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    OMG i know, my husband showed me this a couple of days ago. After seeing something like that, I told myself have no excuse to not lose weight now!
  • cem9532
    cem9532 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WOW that was amazing! thanks for sharing
  • praying4four
    praying4four Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    truely inspirational!
  • FiveElevenClimb
    Options
    WOW!!
  • angela1482
    angela1482 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing that. I needed to see that. I totally cried the whole time. Thank you!
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Nearly made me cry! what an amazing man! it really shows you what you can do if you put your mind to it!
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Dammit I thought I wouldn't cry. Right in the feels.
  • kbsd456
    kbsd456 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    omg, truly inspirational! I wasn't gonna work out today because i'm tired, after watching this....heading out to the gym!
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    what a truly inspirational video. It really shows what true determination can lead to, had me smiling and crying!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You have that "moment" that makes you think "I can do this!" Well, THAT video is what started me on my journey! I was feeling sorry for myself and had given up. After watching it, I was searching the internet for weight loss trackers and came across MFP... and that was 120 days ago.....and 27 lbs ago.

I now have the DDP yoga program that Arthur (guy in video) used. Been doing it almost 2 wks now, and it's amazing! No impact on the joints, but somehow ramps up the heart. One of the routines on the DVD has Arthur doing an advanced routine. He's like 140 lbs lighter now, and it's so inspiring. If you have mobility issues, and want a no impact workout, think about it.

edit: added this link: This is Arthur now. He said in a separate interview that he changed his eating habits as well, so it wasn't just the routine. Watching him talk here made me cry too, lol .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nbt_v_VS1c
  • ERMBSN
    ERMBSN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    tried not to, but I cried.
  • scorpia1977
    scorpia1977 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    OMG................so, so very cool! Thank you so much for sharing................I LOVE it (tears and all),
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    wow amazing, and I complain.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    I watched this in the past a few times. It really hit me where it hurt (the heart). This guy is truly remarkable. Shows what we're all capable of with hard work, perseverance and dedication. He never gave up and kept pushing. Definitely an inspiration to others, and a spark to get started right now! Thanks for sharing.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I am lost for words. Thank you, I think that we all needed that. I will post the link in my wall for all my MFP friends to see.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Did he do it by just doing yoga? What was his routine like?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've seen this before as well. This is an excerpt from a full length movie. They got all the money on kickstarter, but they haven't said when it is coming out. It's called: Inspiration: The Movie. They follow a lot of different people on their weight loss and how they do it. They measure their body fat with the hydrostatic weighing, etc. I don't know if the movie will be any good or not. But, they do interview a lot of well known people in the field of weight lifting and fat loss. I can't remember now all the people, but Tom Venuto is one of them. You can find the trailer and other clips online, as well as this guy talking more about his experience.
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Did he do it by just doing yoga? What was his routine like?

From what I understand, Arthur followed the eating recommendations on the DVDs and kept at the yoga as he lost weight. An ex-wrestler named Diamond Dallas Page created a program to heal himself after an injury, and marketed it as "alternative yoga" to the public. It's not your traditional meditation type yoga. He combines yoga with isometrics and you end up sweating bullets and shaking by the end of the routine. I started a week ago on them, and it kicks my butt.
  • ALHickok
    Options
    Now I feel guilty for all those times I said I can't do it. I can do it. I choose not too. And that's my fault. So inspirational.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!