cottage cheese / avacado

Options
does anyone have any really good healthy cottage cheese recipes or avacado recipes??

please share!

Replies

• asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    Personally, I love the taste of avocado just as it is. But my fave salad is one with 1/2 avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese mixed in with a bit of balsamic (Bolthouse Classic Balsamic is my faaaaave). It's super good for you and yummy.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love avacado mixed with grilled chicken and lime or lemon juice, just like the commerical! I also half an avacado and put shredded parm on it and and broil for about 1 minute.... OMG, it is delicious.

A good "low carb, low sugar" "custard" is cottage cheese, blended with eggs or egg substitute and a little fat free syrup or sweetner. Bake and it's awesome with fruit.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love the taste of avocado just as it is. But my fave salad is one with 1/2 avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese mixed in with a bit of balsamic (Bolthouse Classic Balsamic is my faaaaave). It's super good for you and yummy.

Wow I'm going to try this!

This is probably weird but I like Triscuits topped with fat-free cottage cheese (a slimmed down version of cheese and crackers).

I've also used fat free cottage cheese in lasagna in place of the ricotta.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yum, thanks.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    mix avocado with a hard boiled egg and some onion and garlic.

I mix avacdo with tuna and wrap it up in a tortilla with cheese and salsa

I use avocado in place of mayo

Avocado is any salad is amazing!

avocado, greek yogurt, chili powder, garlic, tomato and onion mixed together.. yummy dip for homemade baked chips!

slice of avocado and tomato on a triscuit

sorry.. I hate cottage cheese..
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is to just simply take one avocado, mash it with a potato masher in a bowl with some salt and spread it on a nice slice of toasted 12 grain bread. YUM and filling!

Also, I like to use avocado in my shakes - makes them super creamy: Take an avocado, spinach, a banana, some flax seed, some protein powder and some almond milk and blend it up with a NutriBullet. SO good!
  • kmichelle1821
    Options
    yumm!! all of these sound yummy. thank you guys! i will have to try them!
  • kmichelle1821
    Options
    my aunt sent me this recipe if anyone would like to try it

it's 1/4 cup cottage cheese,.shredded llettuce, 1/2 of an avocado, 1 tomato, and 3oz of grilled chicken. U can put as much lettuce in as u want.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and avacado sounds good together! Mmmmmm
  • pedestrienne
    Options
    add an avocado to a smoothie!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    not a big cottage cheese fan...

LOVE avocado, though. Some thoughts:
    I cube it and add it to my omlettes
    I spread it on bread as a mayo for my ham, spinach and tomoato sandwich,
    I cube it in to a green salad.
    I make a quick guac (avocado, diced tomato, lemon jouce, garlic) and eat with celery strips.

Nearly endless options!

Good luck!
  • gam219
    gam219 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Half an avocado, mash it up with lemon juice, Cajun seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic, etc), ½ tbsp light sour cream, throw in a couple chopped up cherry tomatoes and eat on a piece of toast. You can add boiled egg slices for breakfast too.
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Go to Budget101.com. They have a lot of stuff you can do with cottage cheese there. I personally like to mash fresh garlic, lime, and a touch of olive oil in with avacado and use it as a sandwich spread. Good on crackers too.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I use avocado like spread. On my sandwhiches :) They are also really good for breakfast if you crack an egg into the pit and bake until the egg is done. Sooooooo delicious!
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    add an avocado to a smoothie!
    This is really good! I made an avacado, ginger... can't remember what all it was. It was delicious though!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of cottage cheese, but mostly simple stuff like just adding berries or mixing with yogurt. The wife makes a really good cottage cheese cheese cake.
  • 7girls6boys
    Options
    This may sound gross to some people because it did to me when I first heard it, but let me tell you, it is delicious! You mix cottage cheese (24oz) (I use low fat small curd), a tub of low fat or fat free cool whip, a pack of sugar free jello (just the powder, any flavor you like) (I prefer orange), and then a cup or two of your favorite fruit (I use mandarin oranges). You mix this together and it makes plenty of servings. I eat a cup at a time. It is like a very smooth pudding mix almost, but you get the protien from the cottage cheese. You can change the jello flavor and fruit to your liking. Like I said, sounds gross but its very good. Low cal too!
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese plain, right out of the container. My favorite food.

I blend avacado with serrano peppers and garlic and use it as a salad dressing.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If you add a tablespoon of your favourite fruit preserve to cottage cheese and mix it tastes like rather wicked desert but full of protein.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bump