Doing it for the Babies! (PCOS Success Story in the Making)

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Liz, I have PCOS, and I'm trying to get my system back where it needs to be. (And that involves an awful lot of weight loss!) I'm a month in, and thrilled to realize that I'm still just as committed as I was on January 7th! 18lbs so far, and now I'm starting to hit the phase of "slow but steady"! I started with the app just on my phone, and I've started to come onto the forums - and realized what a great group of folks are on here.

So that's my quick and dirty story. And I WILL post again in the "SUCCESS" section when I'm much thinner! (And hopefully fixin' to gain some of it back having a baby ;) )

Cheers!

Replies

• JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, I'm also struggling with fertility issues. Hopeful this weight loss will help both of us!!
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • LizReeb
    Options
    Same to you Julie! And thanks PopCorn! Grats on the weight loss so far!
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome & best of luck to you :flowerforyou: i have PCOS also & understand that it definitely can make weight loss harder (not impossible). i don't plan on having any more babies but am losing weight to get healthier overall & enjoy more things with my family. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :smile:
  • Andyandyandyandyandy
    Options
    I'm not experiencing fertility issues and I don't have PCOS but I am trying to get into as good of shape as possible while TTC.

Sometimes I feel dumb for wanting to lose 30 just to gain it all back in the [hopefully] near future.

Add me!
  • jdowney2173
    jdowney2173 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible experience with my first pregnancy because of PCOS ( my first child was 9 weeks early and I had severe pre-eclampsia) So I am also attempting to lose more weight so we can try to have our second child. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • deeray
    deeray Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I found out a few months ago, so we've put our ttc plans on hold for a while. Feel free to add me, I'm on here daily.
    Best of luck to you all! :)
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Cyster here, too! :) Also trying to lose weight in hopes of having a baby in the near future. <3 I've been stalled lately, but I've come a long way! Slow but steady. PCOSers, feel free to add me--it's soo much more helpful to have those who're going through the same thing. :flowerforyou:
  • verdouxkai
    verdouxkai Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can do it! After TTC for 4 years, I finally gave up on fertility meds and concentrated on weight loss! I dropped 60 pounds in 6 months and we were incredibly surprised to find out we were pregnant! She's about to turn 2 in two weeks, and is gorgeous! Of course now I have to lose all the weight again, lol, but I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING! :D
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    That is awesome that you are feeling so good!

I finally started finding a program that would work for me. I got tired of trying this and that. I worked with my dietitian for a year and just wasn't working. Finally something clicked. I am 37 and there is no telling how long I have had PCOS. I tried to conceive with my first husband in my 20s with no luck. But my doctor assumed it was just because I was on birth control for so long and my body needed time to adjust. Sadly, we divorced shortly after (not related). Now I am almost 38 and married again. We tried for a while with no luck and I had spent over a year off birth control and still nothing. I was not regular and so thats when I found out I had some small fibroid and PCOS. I was in denial for a long time. I tried Metformin and hated it. I went through a bout of depression worried I had wasted my life making bad choices and that I would never have children. I got sick of feeling like that. I stopped taking meds and started low carb living at the first of the year. I am losing weight, feeling great, and even had my first non medicated menstrual cycle. I dont know if thats just one of the very few I have a year or if its because I am not full of medicine and I am eating good. We shall see.

So, if I can bust through the insulin resistant being a carb lover - anyone can.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • fusion777
    Options
    I don't have PCOS but had issues with fertility. It's a long story but I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer while my doctor searched to find why I didn't conceive. I do believe I have symptoms of PCOS but was never officially diagnosed and by the time they found the cancer, it didn't matter anymore right then.

Keeping all of you in my prayers and wishing baby dust on you all.

I had my 3rd and final biopsy this week to see if the medicine works to chase off the cancer (I have too much estrogen in my body so I take progestin). I won't get the results until next week. If it's good news, I can try to get pregnant. If it's bad news, the hysterectomy will be scheduled asap as the cancer is still growing.

All I want is my own baby, please pray for me. I have begged God for a miracle, my husband so deserves to be a dad and he'd be the best.