height

Options
4 ft 7' anybody? Trying to loose weight on 1200 cal diet. Hungry all day any suggestions , how to avoid belly growling?

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    eat more and work out a little. you will lose fast and maintain easier
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    What calorie count are you down from? Meaning, 1800 down to 1200?

Do you exercise?

Add more protein to your diet.
    Drink 8 oz of water 30 mins before each meal.
    Eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day (breakfast - mid morning snack - lunch - afternoon snack - dinner -- early evening snack)
    Skip carbs from breads, pasta, rice, etc. and fill up on raw veggies and fruit (limit fruit due to high sugar in most).

I would also add 200 calories to your day until you level out.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You're an adult and 4'7"? Consider figuring out what your TDEE and BMR are. There are lots of calculators on the web. I like fat2fit, personally.

I'd do this before going any further. Again, this is assuming you're an adult.
  • misseenk
    misseenk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i'm not too much taller than you. at 5'2" BUT
    my cousin is 4'9 and she uses fiber pills during the day, and walks a lot.
  • zahid222
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I've been walking 5days a week. 1st 2 weeks lost a lb. Then gained it back in the next 2 weeks. I will try try to increase my water intake. Was not drinking water a lot of cofee though.
  • zahid222
    Options
    Yes, I am more than an adult if thats possible. Thanks and will look into fit2be
  • zahid222
    Options
    THANKS
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am more than an adult if thats possible. Thanks and will look into fit2be
    Smile
    Try finding your TDEE and BMR then. Good luck!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I've been walking 5days a week. 1st 2 weeks lost a lb. Then gained it back in the next 2 weeks. I will try try to increase my water intake. Was not drinking water a lot of cofee though.

Do you put cream and/or sugar in your coffee? Cut back on the coffee and drink 8-10 glasses of clear cool water every day. Yes you'll pee a lot at first but then your body adjusts and can handle it.

Try flipping your meals around. Eat dinner items for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. Try not to have (starchy) carbs after 5-6PM.

Don't give up ... it will begin to happen and then you'll be amazed. We all have set backs, just don't get discouraged. :flowerforyou:
  • zahid222
    Options
    Thanks sooo very much!
  • LizReeb
    Options
    If you're really hungry, especially if it feels like you're not satiated even after eating a good bit, check your fat intake. And keep those proteins up. (It can be hard to eat fat because it's so calorie dense - but trust me!! You'll see a huge difference.) Handful of nuts, avocado, fry eggplant in olive oil - etc.

I also found that cutting out anything sweet (that wasn't naturally sweet, like fruit) helped curb my hunger cravings a lot.

Good luck!
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yes fiber and protein make you feel more full, eat more of those. Eat lots of salad - vegetables are large-volume but low calorie food. Sugar and salt make me feel more hungry after I eat them so try decreasing those.
  • sglover14
    sglover14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you're truly hungry (and not just bored...) then you need to eat more. It's as simple as that. However, if you're eating clean and often, you can eat 1200 calories a day and literally be eating constantly. But it's a matter of eating the right foods. If you spike your insulin levels, once you come crashing down, you'll feel hungry and get cravings. What are you eating to reach your 1200 a day?