What are good exercise videos for someone totally uncoordina

Options
That would be me-no joke!

I have Walking Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone, but are there any others I could manage. I seriously have two left feet and no rhythm. I tried doing some On Demand videos and was not successful! Help!

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You should try the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It doesn't require any coordination, it's really basic moves but put them all together in 25 minutes and it's a tough workout! If you want something to whip you into shape, this is the DVD to do it. It's $9 at Walmart and target right now, or available online.
  • JandCsMommy
    JandCsMommy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You should try the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It doesn't require any coordination, it's really basic moves but put them all together in 25 minutes and it's a tough workout! If you want something to whip you into shape, this is the DVD to do it. It's $9 at Walmart and target right now, or available online.

Haha! I TRIED that one on my On Demand! I got about 4 minutes in before i wanted to die, lol. But, thank you for replying! Maybe one day i will be able to do it!
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    I second the 30 Day Shred.
    I am terribly uncoordinated.
    I start a workout video and I get lost within five seconds.
    I normally jog in place or just dance to my own beat.
    Then, I got the 30 Day Shred because I heard so much about it on these message boards.
    I LOVE IT!
    Try it out.
    From one two left foot person to another, it is grand :)
  • JandCsMommy
    Options
    I second the 30 Day Shred.
    I am terribly uncoordinated.
    I start a workout video and I get lost within five seconds.
    I normally jog in place or just dance to my own beat.
    Then, I got the 30 Day Shred because I heard so much about it on these message boards.
    I LOVE IT!
    Try it out.
    From one two left foot person to another, it is grand :)

Lol-that is me jogging in place!
    How do you guys DO the 30 Day Shred? I found it SO hard and, and I am fat but not with low stamina!

Thanks!
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    I so can't do anything either.... I usually end up jogging also... I tried the 30 day shred and again ended up jogging.... I get more frustrated with it then I do a work out and it's not worth it to me... I tried it several times too lol
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been working out pretty steadily for the past 3 months doing the elliptical which helps my endurance and the EA Sports Active for the Wii for strength. I can get all the way through it, but when I tried to do it last January with no previous preparation, it was really hard. I would feel sick to my stomach after trying to do it. I'd suggest maybe do it, but pause it when you feel you need a break, maybe after each of the 3 circuits. That way you can work yourself up to doing the whole video at once.
  • JandCsMommy
    Options
    I so can't do anything either.... I usually end up jogging also... I tried the 30 day shred and again ended up jogging.... I get more frustrated with it then I do a work out and it's not worth it to me... I tried it several times too lol

Yeah-I usually end up on the treadmill!
  • JandCsMommy
    Options
    I've been working out pretty steadily for the past 3 months doing the elliptical which helps my endurance and the EA Sports Active for the Wii for strength. I can get all the way through it, but when I tried to do it last January with no previous preparation, it was really hard. I would feel sick to my stomach after trying to do it. I'd suggest maybe do it, but pause it when you feel you need a break, maybe after each of the 3 circuits. That way you can work yourself up to doing the whole video at once.

Good for you! I do a lot on the treadmill. I probably need to build more endurance. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    Since you like walking, then maybe you should try the Leslie Sansone videos, which are all about walking.

I'm not very coordinated well, but I find Prevention's Drop It In 30! with Chris Freytag to be a really good workout video. She's rigorous, she goes through routines several times & I always feel great after working out with her.
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    I like 30 day shred and many of the biggest loser videos..I don't enjoy dancing type aerobics. I feel ridiculous..
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I use workout DVDs all the time. Leslie has many other walking videos - I own 5 by her. She's great. Denise Austin has a pretty good walking video. If you like to dance try Richard Simmons Dancing to the Oldies. Zumba (a Latin Dance) takes a bit more coordination but is really fun and doesn't seem like exercise to me. I am not a fan of The Shred - it's to much jumping for my knees. Good luck and let us know what you get.

www.collagevideo.com has great descriptions and you can view excerpts of videos.