40 pounds lost with PCOS/Metabolic Syndrome.

Options
Hey, I'm Ashley. I'm 20 years old and I was diagnosed very young with PCOS/Insulin Resitance/Syndrome X/all the things.
When I started out 6 months ago I was 5' 8" and 253 pounds. Today I'm 213 for a total loss of 40. I have an ultimate goal to get to about 160, but this is honestly more than I thought I could do, and despite the fact I still have a long road ahead of me, I'm more motivated than ever after seeing the difference I saw yesterday when I took that last pic in my favorite dress (that I couldn't even fit into a few months back, now it's pretty loose.) Here is my progress thus far.

Before: (The horror) 3FaGXg6.png

After: EB1z1Z4.jpg

Replies

• fusion777
    Options
    Awesome weightloss, congratulations! And I love your dress in your new pic!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Good for you! :-)
  • WarningBell
    Options
    You look fabulous! I have PCOS and was diagnosed at a young age as well.. mind if I add you? :)

-Stephy
  • wikkedpink
    wikkedpink Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free! Anyone can add me! I'm always happy to give my support. :)
  • CupcakeKendra
    CupcakeKendra Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great job! It is possible, if you put the work into it! :D

I have PCOS as well... lost 52lbs in 100 days!
  • zombiekookie
    zombiekookie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Way to go, and good luck on finishing. Seem like you are more than capable in doing this.

FYI, Awesome dress.
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    Your efforts have paid off and you look wonderful! Your goal is just around the corner :)

I love that polka dot dress, you rock it girl
  • ThreasaRenee82
    Options
    Wow you look amazing in your new pic. LOVE the dress by the way :) Congrats on a job well done and good luck on the future loss!!! You will be 160 in no time if you continue doing what you are thus far doing!!!
  • Lauralei36
    Lauralei36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done. I have PCOS too, I find as my weight reduces my symptoms improve.
  • amagus
    amagus Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Did you know that PCOS/Diabetes/Hypo-thyroidism all go hand in hand?

I also have PCOS but did not know until after I was diagnossed with type 2 diabetes. I think it is great that you have been doing what needs to be done. Congrats! Be sure to get your thyroid levels checked regularly. If it is out of wack, your weight is harder to maintain and it dramatically increases your risk for type 2 diabetes since you already have PCOS.

BTW - Don't let anyone tell you that being overweight caused any of the above. Weight gain is a symptom of all three, not the other way around. The smartest thing I ever did for my health was consult with an endocrinologist.
  • wikkedpink
    Options
    Did you know that PCOS/Diabetes/Hypo-thyroidism all go hand in hand?

I also have PCOS but did not know until after I was diagnossed with type 2 diabetes. I think it is great that you have doing what needs to be done before you get type 2. Congrats! Be sure to get your thyroid levelschecked regularly. If it is out of wack, your weight is harder to maintain and it dramatically increases your risk for type 2 diabetes since you already have PCOS.

BTW - Don't let anyone tell you that being overweight caused any of the above. Weight gain is a symptom of all three, not the other way around. The smart thing I ever did for my health was consult with an endocrinologist.

Thank you! Yeah I need to take care of the problem now because my worst fear is to be diagnosed with Type 2 in my 20's and 30's.. it happens a lot. Really scary thought to me. I have an endocrinologist too, I almost can't wait to see what my blood test results say when I go back, I'm sure they'll be a lot better with all the changes I've made. Thanks for the advice and support! :)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great progress....well done! :smile:
  • Dewahll
    Options
    You're doing great and I'm really proud of you sweetheart!

Fiance here :D
  • wikkedpink
    Options
    Well done. I have PCOS too, I find as my weight reduces my symptoms improve.

Thank you! Yeah, definitely. I can literally FEEL my hormones evening out. It's crazy.
  • karenk89
    karenk89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well done so happy for you I know how hard losing weight with pcos can be. Wishing u the best of luck in the rest of your journey :)
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Wow! You are really doing well! (and what a cute dress!)
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You look great! So inspiring.
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good for you for tackling a difficult problem head-on. My dd has PCOS, it's a struggle for her. I would love to add you just in case I can learn anything to help her on her journey.
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Stunning !!! and cute dress too :)
    PCOS here also, diagnosed much later than you unfortunately than you !!! did you cut on carbs or something ?
  • wikkedpink
    Options
    Stunning !!! and cute dress too :)
    PCOS here also, diagnosed much later than you unfortunately than you !!! did you cut on carbs or something ?

I started out just watching calories, but now I try to keep my carbs under 100/day. Seems like it's working really well. I also try to eat mostly low GI but I don't think everything I eat is. Thanks for the support! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!