Can't resist chocolate!

2»

Replies

• na1ry2be3
    na1ry2be3 Posts: 2 Member
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I consider myself a chocolate addict. Seriously. I could care less about chips or other candy's but chocolate is a whole different story. I have come to the sad conclusion that I simply can not have it in my house. One bite, piece, whatever is never enough. I can't stop myself and the more I have the more I want. It truly can be an addiction. There is no subsitute. I had to go cold turkey. It takes a week or so to get all of that sugar out of your body. When you do, the cravings will subside. I still indulge once in awhile. BUT I have to make sure it is not in a way that can carry over from day to day (like a bag or chocolate candy)...once, done, gone...get back on track. Good luck. It's a tough one!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    tumblr_lt3aiprxYy1r23p75o1_250.gif
  • carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    I sometimes eat organic rice cakes with an orange flavoured yoghurt dressing, it actually tastes like chocolate, so it kinda satisfies the craving. But if I really need it, I try to buy Freddo bars, which is just a tiny bar, anout about 80 cals, it does the job instead of a regular sized bar. When I work out I dont feel guilty as I have lots of exercise calories to eat back, so I feel its ok.

Everything in moderation is good, the more you deprive yourself of it, the more youll keep thinking about it and drive yourself mad- been there, done that!

Not having it in the house is brilliant, sometimes I realise that I dont want it enough to get dressed and go to the shops :laugh:
  • akilahleemarie
    akilahleemarie Posts: 80 Member
    I have a sweet tooth...I didn't gain my extra pounds from eating too many cheeseburgers...I got it from candy...honestly, the best thing you can do is say no to chocolate as long as you are trying to lose weight. not going to lie...it was so hard at first...but the next day when you wake up guilt free...man the feeling is awesome! i am either one extreme or the next...i either binge eat junk food..or eat healthy (no junk food at all)...i try to tell myself...that eating the candy will be a step back...and if i eat healthy it will be that much closer to being at my goal weight...that much closer to eating more calories to maintain my new weight...and then i will be able to afford candy :) when im not on a diet its not that bad...but when you are on a diet it just mentally hard KNOWING you can't have any in order to get to where you want to be :)
  • I was the same, then I started watching my sugar intake as well as my calories and it really helped me stop eating chocolate every day (just change your settings on MFP). Did you know that one little bag of M&M's is about a days intake of sugar! So now I try and have "sugar free" days where I minimise sugar intake (ie, only from fruit etc) and then once every 4 or 5 days I'll have a little bag (48g) of M&Ms or a couple of squares of dark lindt. Ultimately, counting my sugar intake and only buying chocolate on the day I intend to eat it makes a huge difference. When I was really overweight I used to eat a family size block of chocolate (or more!) a day - if I can stop anyone can!

The less you eat the less you will crave it. I also find now that the days I eat chocolate I have bad dreams at night - it's a good incentive to keep away from it!
  • misselemental
    misselemental Posts: 28 Member
    Sometimes when I really need chocolate I snack on a few semi sweet chocolate chips. The ones I get-Guittard's are 70 cals for 30 pieces, let them melt in your mouth really slowly!
  • sppride
    sppride Posts: 15 Member
    FrBphUa.jpg

Dark chocolate good. Also the quaker popped rice cakes have some chocolate flavor to them.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    I found and fell in love with a store-brand version of Fudgecicles recently. Super-strong chocolate flavor, like dark chocolate almost. So rich, so delicious, does not taste like 'diet' dessert. Only 90 calories. Same exact thing as Fudgecicles.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Skinny Cow and Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bars :love:
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    At the end of the day everything in moderation.

I sometimes get that sweet craving about 3pm. So I brought a block of 85% Lindt chocolate it is like 54cal for one square and they are big squares. Because it is such dark chocolate and so rich I find one square is enough I don't think I would be able to eat anymore than that.

But if you really didn't like dark chocolate and really wanted milk buy small individually wrapped chocolates have one a day and hid them in a draw you don't open often so you're not seeing them every time you open the pantry or walk into the kitchen.
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    I know how you feel!

I thought I wasn't gonna be able to eat my beloved Ferrero Rocher chocolates BUT I made an adjustment. I only eat ONE a day, instead of the whole box, like I used to before.

i also buy dark chocolate, although I used to hate it, and I have grown accustomed to it. This brand is the BEST in dark chocolate (for me):

10icx0p.png

w06sk.png

They have like 4 different kinds of chocolate and what I do is: I eat one row of the chocolate bar a day. Each row has like 5 squares and that has proven to be enough for me. Hope this helps! :smile:
  • addiepray80
    addiepray80 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm on the same page as pretty much everyone here. Dark chocolate, once in a while, with portion control! Losing weight is all about will power anyway. If chocolate is your biggest addiction, tackle that one first! Don't keep it in your house, and if you have a craving you just can't get rid of, buy a small portion.

One thing that I love that satisfies many of my nightly chocolate cravings is Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk. 120 calories for a cup, but lots of good stuff, too! Soooooo Gooooood!
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    FrBphUa.jpg

Dark chocolate good. Also the quaker popped rice cakes have some chocolate flavor to them.

Dang it! I just posted a pic of my fav dark chocolate and it says it's cocoa... >.<
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    FrBphUa.jpg

Dang it! I just posted a pic of my fav dark chocolate and it says it's cocoa... >.<

Same with mine but then in a different language it says it's Cacao
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    TRY CHOCOLATE EXLAX..he he
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    like someone else said..if it is not in your house then you can't eat t...so don't buy it..

You could get some chocolate flavored protein and make a shake with water, crushed ice, a little peanut butter, and water = milk shake but way more healthy...
  • Eat the chocolate. Just make sure to stop.
    I have the same problem. I have Fiber One Chocolate Cereal pre-portioned into snack baggies and I eat them dry. That tends to cure my chocolate craving most the time.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Make a chocolate smoothie (it helps me)

1 c. milk
    1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 TBS honey
    1/4 c. plain greek yogurt
  • joeterry2112
    joeterry2112 Posts: 9 Member
    Help I can't say no to chocolate in the evenings! :-(

Then don't. Save for a reward for a good day. Tell yourself through the whole day, if I do good on everything I will have a bit of chocolate tonight.

Then totally enjoy it. Savor every bite. Take as small of a bite as possible to make it last. Love it. That's how I handle everything on my diet. When I get something good I slow down and enjoy every second of it. Food may be fuel, but it shold be more than that.