Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    45, 46 next month. Been here since July 2012, 43 pounds down. It isn't as easy as it was when I was younger, but it's still doable. :drinker:
  • dawnkjensen
    Options
    I am also in my 40's, trying to lose weight. I think menopause wants to get the best of me, but I'm gonna show it a thing or two!
  • aluehrman
    Options
    Hi, I am 41 and need to loose about 75 more pounds. I really packed on some weight when I quit smoking. Feel free to add me... I like all of the support I can get and enjoy sharing in your accomplishments too! It is very motivating to have others working toward the same goal!

:):happy:
  • reflexology2013
    Options
    yes, turned 50 last summer. beating the bulge at this age is really difficult.
  • tammydevereux
    Options
    I am 42 and over the last 4 months have lost 45 pounds. Would love for you to add me! :)
  • vdburden
    Options
    Yep, add me to the list. I'm 54 and 5' 3" tall and need to lost about 80 lbs. Good luck in your weight loss. Add me as a friend if you want.

Vicki
  • grammie123
    Options
    Hi,....I am 55 and need to lose 20lbs......feel free to add me! We ban together and can be so supportive everyone. The older we get the harder it is to lose.....
    Thanks
    Barb
  • Susan_TL
    Susan_TL Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just check in on this site every day, enter every food you eat throughout the day (add it as you eat it), write you weight down every day, and you will drop it in no time. It's a compulsion. BUt if you watch every move you make, then you will see where you are making the mistake. And when you start to drop the weight, you're note gonna let yourself make those little mistakes. You look great by the way!
  • shirleycatt
    shirleycatt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness.. the sad part is I have been trying to lose weight all through my teens, 20's and 30's. Now I am in my 40's uuuuggghhhh. So before I get to my 50's.. I better get this thing licked. I have lost substantial weight two times in my life. Both times in my 30's.. Here I am a decade later and all the weight (and some friends) are back!!! I am really trying to get myself in order. I am actually starting OA today for the first time... (overeaters anonymous) I really think I need some folks in my life with the "problems". I obviously have an issue that needs some attention. I am a closet binge eater! My husband has a very professional job that requires being fit and at work alot! Those two things really feed my food addiction. The guilt for being (shhhh the F WORD) and the loneliness of being by myself. My kids are grown and my youngest (17) has a new girlfriend, so you know what that means. I AM BASCIALLY BY MYSELF. So I would love love love some help, some guidance, some words of wisdom. I need people in my corner to kick me in the butt once in a while!
  • penni214
    penni214 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'll be 56 on the 14th of this month. I've been on MFP for 35 days now and love all the support and encouragement from this community! I am going to lose the 60 lbs I gained from losing my job and menopause and get back the old me. Feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I turned 57 last month and have over 200 pounds to lose. This past month I eliminated 22 pounds. Welcome to MFP!!
  • muktyfitness
    muktyfitness Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am very excited to see many 40's and 50's successful with wt loss, I am 42 ,lost 3 lb so far, 17 lb to go. I am logging calorie daily, running 20 min almost daily.
    feel free to add and support each other.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm in the range.... I'm in maintenance after losing 50+ always looking for supportive friends. I'm on every day and will leave you a message almost every day. Looking for the same support in return. I appreciate honesty so if I screw up feel free to tell me. Send mea friend request but include a message.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hello .. I'm right in the middle at 45 yrs old.

I have about 100 pounds to lose, and i'm going to do it the healthy way ..

Great eating plan and lots of exercise.

I'm also taking vitamins and supplements.

I wish you all great health and appreciation for the lives you lead!

~ Monica :heart:
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 40, and yes, yes I am fighting the battle...good luck to you.
  • 2BIG2B4U
    Options
    My name is Dale. I'm 42 and I'm a carboholic. :) I lost over 50 lbs and reversed a prediabetes condition 2 years ago. I need to lose more to reverse an apnea condition but it has been a struggle.

Welcome Dale, I'm a Carboholic too!! :laugh:

I'm a 45yr old Mom who needs to loose 60 pounds...
    Anyone can feel free to add me ....
  • myralp
    myralp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 51 with allot of weight to lose! I started with fitness pal about a week or so ago and just love it. I have some health issues and one of my meds causes weight gain, well if there is any side effect of weight gain you can believe I will get it. (Not that the meds are all to blame) I have made up my mind I can and will succeed this time and I'm hoping to get a good support team behind me. My husband is great but since he doesn’t have a weight problem he doesn’t know what it's like. I have been up and down with my weight all my life. I'm looking to lose over 100! I would love some online support :)
  • mpdonohoe
    mpdonohoe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and trying to lose between 30 and 40lbs. Currently working off what I gained over the holiday's sadly enough. Easy to put on hard to take off.
  • willlywillly
    Options
    i am 43 years old and i have lost about 40 pounds since the beginning of October...it can be done but it's not easy!
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Howdy. I'm 51 and I'm not trying-I am LOSING ;-) it can be done. Slow and steady really does work.