5 days on MFP and feeling GREAT!

Options
Just wanted to say hi to everyone, I just signed up about 5 days ago. I started my journey to a better me about a month ago, losing 16lbs before I joined, and thanks to a good friend who showed me the site, I will continue my jorney to a happier healthier ME!

So at the begining of my journey I weighed in at 245, and Im now down to 229, hopefully a lil less since tomorrow is my weekley weigh in :) I'm just so happy that I was shown this site, It really put things in perspective for me, food that I thought "werent that bad" for me actually were. And know that Im learning how to eat healthy, I really think I will be at my goal weight of 165 in no time.

Well Im glad to be here, and I wish everyone happy weight lose, and for everyone to keep up the good work :)

Replies

• Bump319
    Bump319 Posts: 17
    Options
    I love this site. It keeps me on track and I'm learning a lot about nutrition and fitness. :) Welcome aboard.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristi,
    Glad to have you here! Yes, the friend that told you about this site is a pretty great friend to have for sure:flowerforyou: :wink:

MFP is definitely an eye opener, the logging alone is an amazing tool and the message boards hold so much info, motivation, recipes, friendships, you name it we got it. We all love it and sure don't take it for granted:wink::flowerforyou:

Enjoy your time here and congrats on the lbs. lost and the lbs. that you'll lose before you know it!:tongue:
    Becca:heart:
  • Graciesmom21
    Options
    Glad to help you, Kristi. And I'm glad that we can push each other along and see each other reach our goals. :) I think this site is encouraging and uplifting because it DOES put things into perspective and it DOES help to see what you eat. I've turned eating into a little "game" now. Anytime I eat something I actually LOOK at the serving sizes and I measure out what I'm eating. I'll write down what the package says and I compare when I log it into the site. When it matches, I feel so good about it because I KNOW how much I've put into me.

I know we're gonna go far... and we're gonna be even HOTTER than before after we both reach our goals. Watch out world, here we come... again. Only this time around we won't be just hot... but we'll be hot mom's. LOL! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, KRISTI!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE DOING GREAT! :)

P.S.- Let's get together soon!